Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Königsschießen auf meinen Verein (Read 1237 times)
SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Königsschießen auf meinen Verein
Reply #15 - May 28th, 2024 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Yesterday I had to go up to Boeblingen to resupply at the Asian Market. It was lunch time so I decided to stop by the Brauhaus Schönbuch. The Brauhaus is just a kilometer or so from Panzer Kaserne where the Army Special Forces guys and the Navy Seals hang their hats. Over the years it has gotten more and more modern and definitely caters to Americans. They had a new bier (to me) called Jaeger Spezial that is quite good. I also ordered a Schweinshaxe that was probably one of the best I have ever eaten anywhere hier. I was last there this past July and was sitting outside in the Biergarten. Big mistake, the flies love Schweinshaxe.... (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Halt Fest! Ziel Gut! Schiess Fleck!

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - May 29th, 2024 at 11:58am
Print Post  
looks good. haven't had that in a long time. but, tell me why have you consumed so much without diving into the crisp hock? saving the best for last?

IP Logged

SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - May 30th, 2024 at 5:17am
Print Post  
LOL, I broke the slice of bread in half because it was so big. Hard to see but there was a large portion of a delicious dark "Brewers Sauce".

IP Logged

SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 8:18am
Print Post  
So Konigsschiessen finally got here. I unfortunately had an accident and damn near cut off my right, little finger. It is healing but I can't bend either of the two distal joints....

Anyway, it was a good time had by all and as I expected the Konig u. Konigin were not the best shooters in the club but nobody cared. We had a bit more than 200 shooters with awards for the top three men, top three women and top three teams. There were two stages, 10 shots at 50m with one of the club guns and then 1 shot at 10m with an air rifle upstairs in the club building. The air rifle target had a cross drawn on it with the scoring rings located randomly on the back. The event started with an invocation from one of the local priests and then there was periodic entertainment from the villages' musician and singing groups. 

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2024 at 8:29am by SchwarzStock »  

IP Logged

SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Of course the local brew was available...

IP Logged

jhm
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 11:40am
Print Post  
That green Unimog (the second one) is absolutely wicked...

JMH

IP Logged

SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #21 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 6:39am
Print Post  
The green one is an early 1970's. Of course the grey was also originally green with red wheels when it was delivered in 1957.

The owner of the grey Uni showed up at the verein last night riding this, a Kreidler 50cc from 1954-55. Well, not exactly this one but a similar one he had restored to like new.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint