Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Best place to sell actions (Read 655 times)
Jonesy

Best place to sell actions
Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
I have 2 miller actions and 4 Dakota arms model 10 actions with several duplicated stocks for them.  Where would be the best place to put them up for auction?  Would it be best to list them individually or in two separate lots?

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Best place to sell actions
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
the for sale section here is a good place. Are either of the miller actions rimfire actions? (if so I maybe interested) If you know what you want for them one listing with pictures and prices in the forsale should get a good response. Good Luck

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
For the kind of actions you have for sale, I would seriously consider Guns International. I would also take the time to find realized prices from auction houses and sites like Gun Broker, Guns International and others to help you decide what value to put on them. I would also list them separately to avoid "flooding the market", and lastly, good luck, and I hope you do well.

rkba2nd

IP Logged

LRF
Oldtimer

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2024 at 6:36am
Print Post  
rkba2nd wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 9:59pm:
For the kind of actions you have for sale, I would seriously consider Guns International. I would also take the time to find realized prices from auction houses and sites like Gun Broker, Guns International and others to help you decide what value to put on them. I would also list them separately to avoid "flooding the market", and lastly, good luck, and I hope you do well.

I agree, very good advice. Do your research and set a price. Only you can do that.

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2024 at 8:56am
Print Post  
My 2 cents.  If you know what you want for them, post them here on the Forum. If you want to see what they will get at auction, then I would encourage you to use an auction house that advertises in the Journal.  Currently,  only Amoskeag and Rock Island support us.  Keep in mind that any auction house will charge you a fee and by the time the buyer  calculates the premium, taxes and shipping- it may discourage a purchase.  we all would rather pay less and see you keep more. We are nice folks that way  Smiley

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint