Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Javalena lube in a lubrisizer (Read 564 times)
Joe_S
Oldtimer

Javalena lube in a lubrisizer
Dec 10th, 2023 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
I realize not many people use a lubrisizer for Schuetzen shooting but I am one of them. I would like to try Javalina lube in a lubrisizer, but before I do I would like to know if it can or should be stiffened up with more beeswax. I am under the impression it is not 50/50 but more like 75/25. 
If anyone has tried this please let me know what you recommend.
Thanks!
Joe S

IP Logged

gnoahhh
Oldtimer

Re: Javalena lube in a lubrisizer
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Not sure I understand your question. "Stiffening up" JS with more beeswax would make it directly akin to good old Javelina lube which is 50/50 beeswax/alox. That said, I have two lubrisizers stuffed with the 50/50 stuff, one of which has been like that for over 40 years now, and it works fine in them of course. My gut says that to stiffen JS less beeswax is called for not more, since the 50/50 stuff is decidedly less smeary than the 75/25 Javelina Shuetzen.

Being a devotee of JS for shuetzen work I'll admit to only pan lubing it. But, that's only because I don't want to go through the messy hassle of switching lubes back and forth in a lubrisizer. (I should get off my butt and either buy yet another machine and dedicate it to JS lube, or better yet get off my butt and turn a few dies/inserts for my lube pumps dedicated to specific bullets.) But pan lubing is sufficient for my needs.

In short, i don't see an issue with applying JS with a lubrisizer.

IP Logged

Joe_S
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the prompt reply. I see now that my question was not stated very clearly. I believe the current Javalina has less than 50% beeswax, so adding more should stiffen it. I was merely asking if anyone has experimented with it and if they have any advice based on their experience. Also wondering if parafin would also do the trick. The one thing I do NOT want to do is to get it so hard that I need a heater.
Thanks!
Joe

IP Logged

Saratoga Bill
Participating Member

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
I'm currently using Javelina as it comes in an RCBS lubrisizer without any problems.

IP Logged

critter68
Senior Forum Member
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2023 at 7:08am
Print Post  
To clarify:  Javalina Lube is 50/50.  Javalina Schuetzen Lube is 75/25.  Jerry H may chime in and I think he will restate that JSL is best used with a pan lubing method.  If you "stiffen" it by adding more beeswax, it is basically no longer JSL but may work for your shooting.
mike
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2023 at 7:14am by critter68 »  

ASSRA LIFE#294
NRA LIFE #194353342

IP Logged

Joe_S
Oldtimer

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2023 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Thanks Mike!
Should have called you in the first place!
Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint