Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Odd tang sight on a Rem Hepburn. (Read 2354 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Odd tang sight on a Rem Hepburn.
Reply #15 - Jul 15th, 2023 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Oldbee wrote on Jul 15th, 2023 at 8:03am:
Well, I hate to admit it but I do not believe I will be the next owner of this rifle.  We are far apart on the price!  
He really does not know what the rifle is.  The tag is marked Remington Ballard, 50 Sharps.  The bbl is marked 40. 2 1/2.  It is in nice original condition but the bore is shot.  I like to shoot my rifles, so it would have to be lined, more cost!

I see good Hepburns with above average condition, and great bores selling in the $2500-$3000 range. Higher case colors, and barrel blue will drive them up quickly.
I have a friend whose selling a nice Hepburn in .32-20WCF now, and asking $2800. 
I've bought a few for under $2000, but also bought some rare, or high end ones for twice that. Hepburns are always desirable, and sell quickly if they're extremely nice, or have some extra features.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Oldbee

Re: Odd tang sight on a Rem Hepburn.
Reply #16 - Jul 16th, 2023 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Thank you for the pricing information.  Going by your estimates on prices my offer's are just a little bit low, but his price is at least 20% to high.
But he might have paid to much for it to begin with!

Seabee's, Danang, Chu Lai, Khe Sanh, 1966 -1968

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint