Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GRRC Schuetzen Match Report, June 2023 (Read 58 times)
oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

GRRC Schuetzen Match Report, June 2023
Jun 6th, 2023 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Thanks for coming out and supporting us. We had a nice turnout finishing with 20 registered shooters. We saw some
new faces at this June’s event; Mike Moore brought his nephew Jack Dieckman, also, John Hansen, Lou Buesseler, and
Chris Stroner, welcome guys. I hope all of you enjoyed yourselves and will return to visit us again. I must say I was pretty
impressed with the scores turned in by young Jack, he is quite obviously getting some great mentoring.
The weather was warm this past weekend with temperatures close to 90°F, humidity was high too. Fortunately, we
usually had a good breeze to help give us some relief. The winds were strange as they were coming out of the east and
northeast mostly, usually we have winds from a westerly direction. With the above average snowfall we had this past
winter there has been a lot of standing water at the range property providing great breeding grounds for mosquitos.
Thankfully Gerald invested in an insect fogger and managed to douse the area generously around the shooting benches
with a good dose of repellent to keep the mosquitos away.
Once again, I would like to thank Gerald for his hard work in helping to set up the range. I also want to thank those of
you who helped to take the range down after the match; Tom Jones, Joel Peabody, and Dave Newell.

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint