Normal Topic O ring (Read 487 times)
yamoon
Oldtimer

NRA Life, ASSRA , GGCA,
MCA

O ring
Mar 8th, 2023 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Frankfort Arsenal sent the O ring to repair my Universal seating die, it was attached to a new die set. Good people.
Mike

IP Logged

GunBum

Re: O ring
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2023 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
If you go ahead and measure the o-ring as new, you can order a bag of 100 from McMasterr-Carr, or some other place, for a few dollars, and sell the other 99 to people on the internet for a few dollars each.  The you can sell the new die, with o-ring, and make even more scratch. Wink

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Re: O ring
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2023 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
I need six new O rings for my surface grinder. When I took the motor off half were missing and the other half were worn so bad they all need to be replaced. Why they didn't use one simple precision V belt I don't know but they used six O rings.  Usually when I need O rings I go to the local hardware stower or the auto parts stower.  I might actually have to order these because they must be about eight inches in diameter and about a quarter of an inch in diameter and I'm not sure if they're made of some special rubber or what. 

I took the motor off because it stopped working and it wouldn't go no more. They fixed it at the electric motor stower in Idaho Falls. Cost me 58.00 dollars. It was the capacitor on the side of the motor.  Nothing lasts forever these days.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2023 at 12:29am by westerner »  

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint