Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Primer shortage according to this source! (Read 1579 times)
GunBum

Re: Primer shortage according to this source!
Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2023 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Old-Win wrote on Feb 1st, 2023 at 2:22pm:
gnoahhh wrote on Feb 1st, 2023 at 12:10pm:
I think the only thing that'll relieve the "shortage" and drive prices back down will be for a new kid on the block to appear - a new entity devoted to primer production that'll set the industry on its head. But, I'm not holding my breath.

There is going to be if you can wait 2 years. Fiocchi  is breaking ground in Arkansas right now to build a new $40 million plant just to make primers.

I know of 3 different “new” primer factories that have submitted sample primers for explosive classification testing.  All in the last 2 years.  Only one of them has gotten to the point of actually producing.  

PS… No, I’m not going to say who.  That’s not how an NDA works.

IP Logged

Marlene
Senior Forum Member

Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2023 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
at least 22LR isn't a buck a round this time

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Feb 2nd, 2023 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
gnoahhh wrote on Feb 1st, 2023 at 12:10pm:
I think the only thing that'll relieve the "shortage" and drive prices back down will be for a new kid on the block to appear - a new entity devoted to primer production that'll set the industry on its head. But, I'm not holding my breath.

Never happen. No one will invest the $$millions needed to build a new primer mfg'g facility to drive prices down. Doesn't make good sense (cents?). Fiocchi is building a new primer plant in 
Arkansas and am sure they will sell at the prevailing price once on-stream.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint