Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Remington .25-20 brass (Read 641 times)
Otony

Remington .25-20 brass
Jan 26th, 2023 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
I’m a member of the Marlin Firearms Enthusiasts on Facebook, and the administrator posted the following this morning:

“I was just reading the 2023 Remington ammo catalog (page 19) and it shows they will be producing 25-20 brass along with a few others that might be of interest to some of us that reload.”

What the other brass will be has yet to be mentioned, but if nothing else, a reliable (?) big name source of 25-20 WCF brass will be a true blessing for many of us!

A quick look at the Remington ammunition website (different than Remington firearms, btw, those are now two separate companies) shows 25-20 in the catalog, though currently unavailable.

Keep your fingers crossed!

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Re: Remington .25-20 brass
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2023 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
  Here's hoping!

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

tdelewis

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2023 at 9:07am
Print Post  
I asked my friendly gun store owner to order some 25-20 WCF.  They were nowhere to be found. I said I would like 2 boxes.  She ordered 4 and they showed up in a week. I don't know if they came from a supplier or Remington. She sold them to me at cost.  I think it was $45. Also, about 2 or 3 years ago I saw on Gun Broker a listing for 25-20 WCF and the seller said he had 400 boxes.  Even at $90 to 95 They were gone in a day or so. I have been told that occasionally Remington will make a run of ammo. They must go to the scalpers like the guy that said he had 400 boxes, and sell them for $100 when actual retail price is about $75.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2023 at 11:01am
Print Post  
I've got a few odd fired cases of 32-40 Remington that have showed up over the years.  I hope they will bring those back sometime.  A Winchester rep told me "never again" back in the '90s, then made the first of a couple of runs soon thereafter.  I wonder whether this is a case of "squeaky wheel syndrome" or whether somebody actually does market research to determine what is likely to sell quickly  Undecided
Froggie

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2023 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
If they DO a run of (25-20 ... ...) it would be a great 10 year investment for how much they'd bring then!

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint