Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Meacham quality (Read 1902 times)
gunlaker
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Meacham quality
Reply #15 - Mar 28th, 2023 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
That's one heck of a deal if it was a recent purchase.  Most of the ones I see are listed at $4000 and up.  I don't remember what mine cost ( or maybe I don't want to remember ), but it was a lot more than what you paid.   

Here is a nice group from one of them.  200m prone, 11 shots.  About 1.7" high and 2.7" wide. 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Heyboy

Reply #16 - Mar 29th, 2023 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Gunlaker, it won't bring up the pic, I'm sure it's probably a pretty fine group. I'll see if I can post a pic of a target shot off cross sticks with mine, it was a 49xxx. 
It wasn't too recent, it was 3 years ago. If you look up Meachams in the blue book, there's no prices, it says contact the maker to try to get an estimate. There's some days where I miss the feeling of of having my knees in the breeze but not enough to trade it for the feeling of shooting those nice groups!
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2023 at 1:22pm by Heyboy »  

IP Logged

Poorhouse

NRA Life, ASSRA Life

Reply #17 - Mar 29th, 2023 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
I have owned 2 Meacham rifles, one was a .40-70 Hi-wall, the other a .22 Lo-Wall.  Both showed great workmanship, but the tang sight base on the .40-70 was a bit off center.  Still have the Lo-Wall.  It has speed lock and shoots better than I can hold.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint