Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NRA Annual Meeting Indianapolis 2023 (Read 853 times)
fallingblock
ASSRA Board Member

NRA Annual Meeting Indianapolis 2023
Nov 21st, 2022 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Is there any member that would be willing to head up a display at the NRA Annual Meeting Indianapolis April 14-16 2023. Several of the directors would be willing to help. An idea of what to display is needed as well as a design for the display.
Cheers,
Laurie

Cheers,
Laurie
ASSRA Secretary & Archivist

IP Logged

fallingblock
ASSRA Board Member

Re: NRA Annual Meeting Indianapolis 2023
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 11:42am
Print Post  
The ASSRA needs someone to step up and help get a booth set up.

Cheers,
Laurie
ASSRA Secretary & Archivist

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
C’mon guys, somebody in the Indy area needs to step up.  I’ve been involved in three or four of these from 
FL to PA, and while setup and load out does involve a lot of work, it’s fun and the time you spend meeting folks during the show is great.   

You’ll meet face to face with folks whose names you know from this forum as well as introducing the Association to literally hundreds of people. Tyro to Nimrod, you’ll see them all.  In fact, I joined in about 1990 when I attended a NRA show and got a copy of the old ASSRA News to see what was up.

Please give it some consideration.

Charlie Shaeff
(the) Green Frog

IP Logged

BudHyett
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
This is a great opportunity. At the Seattle Annual Meeting several decades ago, I worked a four-hour shift each day. The benefit was an "Exhibitor's Pass" that gave you early access each day, serious conversations with other exhibitors, and free gifts. I met Charlton Heston who was impressively knowledgeable of our rifles and our sport. Plus I found several clubs in the Pacific Northwest with matches to attend.

Country boy from Illinois living in the magical Pacific Northwest
IP Logged

Joe_S
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2023 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
I have an idea. The NRA meeting it way too big to pass up. We need the publicity and exposure to attract new shooters to the sport. 
Putting together an elaborate display of rifles is a huge undertaking, and non of us is getting older.

Since no one is in a position to do this, I suggest the ASSRA rent one or two tables, bring a laptop , some back issues of the Journal, membership applications and run a slide show and some videos regarding the  fine art of Schuetzen shooting. The amount of equipment needed would be minimal, members would have a meeting place to congregate, and we would have members there to answer questions from the attendees. 

As of right now, I am doubtful as to my ability to attend. Hopefully, we have enough members who will be able to attend to put a scaled down booth together. 

Just my two cents, fwiw.
Joe S

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint