Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Post Count (Read 546 times)
aero
Participating Member

Post Count
Jul 3rd, 2022 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Been a while since I've been on this board and I was going to list a couple things for sale that might be of interest here. Says my post count is too low. I've been a member of this board since 2009 it says in my profile. Seems like I joined before that, probably back when I was a member of the association. I've bought and sold maybe a dozen or more items through the years in the classifieds. Have 55 Pm's associated with those transactions. I'm wondering when this went into effect and where did my old posts go?

Thanks

IP Logged

condorsc

NRA Life/Benefactor, ASSRA,
SCV Life

Re: Post Count
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2022 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Well, PMs don't count. Evidently you could buy and sell w/out being a member before. Originating a thread counts toward post count, and (supposedly) replying to a thread does too. Although sometimes replies never show up in your post count. There are obviously other ways to increase post count, as some members have post counts literally in the thousands. They would have to be online for hours every day to post that many times. I don't understand their mania in that regard. I have noticed this in other list serves I was a member of over the years. Each to his own mania, I guess.

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2022 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Apologies for the inconvenience.

The change in needing a certain post count occurred after a spammer managed to create an account despite our efforts to weed them out. He made 1 post before his account was deleted, however since SO MANY users are subscribed to the For Sale forum, that one post got emailed to MANY USERS. Since it was actual spam content, we got blacklisted by a lot of email providers, and it took approximately 4 months to completely clean up all the fallout from this one one post and be able to successfully send emails to everyone again.

This is the reason a post count is now needed, so that the spammers that make it through the vetting process still have to do more work in order to do the job they want to do. This helps keep our forum clean of spam posts, and preserves our email reputation so we can continue to successfully send everyone emails.

We decided a long time ago that post count would only include posts that actually contributed to a discussion and/or provided information. For that reason, posts to For Sale, Forum Help and the no longer available Off Topic forums were excluded from post count. Any excluded forums have this fact noted in their description.

I am guessing most of your public posts in the past were in the For Sale forum, so thats why your post count is low. Please join us in the other forums for a bit until your post count is high enough to participate in the For Sale forum again.

IP Logged

Oldtimer
Participating Member

Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2023 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
How is it so difficult to just post a For Sale add??
I have used Assra  Forum now and will continue to due so.
I do not under stand what you are asking??
How can we get this fixed. I assure you that I am very much legitimate and been involved for 55 years in the sport.

IP Logged

critter68
Senior Forum Member
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2023 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Keep posting Oldtimer your count is up 5.  You need at least 10.  It is the same for everyone and there is no shortcut, it is how the forum system works.  Reply to 5 more things and life will be good.

Mike

ASSRA LIFE#294
NRA LIFE #194353342

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2023 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
  Them's the rules and we're not changing them for you.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint