Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic C. Sharps Arms RHO 6X (Read 2696 times)
Dusty Texian

C. Sharps Arms RHO 6X
Jun 13th, 2022 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
My single shot hunting rifle for Mule deer .   C. Sharps Arms 45 Cal.  6 X Randy Oates Scope and mounts .  I use an Express load  350 Gr. Bullet over 110 -115 Gr. ff2 Bp . Takes deer cleanly .

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: C. Sharps Arms RHO 6X
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Very handsome rifle and scope. A wonderful deer and elk rifle. Forty five x 3 1/4 or? Also, I am not familiar with the scope maker, does he possibly make higher powers?

rkba2nd

IP Logged

Dusty Texian

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
The case is 3-1/4 " .  I think RHO scopes are no longer made .

IP Logged

MrTipUp
Frequent Elocutionist

Quality is to a product
what character is to
a man

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Dusty Texan is right; RHO scopes are no longer made and have not been for several years.  IMO, that's a shame.  But also note that GT, our Intrepid Gun Builder and Master of the Rubber Band Forearm Attachment Process, has an RHO scope that he promises to evaluate and let us know what he finds.

Bill Lawrence

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Too bad, and thanks for the reply. I thought those rounds looked fairly long.

rkba2nd

IP Logged

Dusty Texian

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 6:33am
Print Post  
MrTipUp   Thanks for the comment . I cant claim to give the RHO scope a real test , but I have used it on this rifle since purchased new around 15 yrs ago . This one has fairly good optics for a 3/4" scope , I forget the exact length of the scope but its on a 30 " barrel  . The cross hairs have an extra stadia wire under the main cross . I use it for rough quick range estimation . The mounts are really high quality and mount into the dove tails ( note the scope came supplied with mounting tools , instructions and rosin for mounting ) The mounts have stayed solid and sound after all these yrs . Early on I use 500 + Gr. bullets in this rig and it has quite the recoil with those  , so that says volumes for the mounts . In all fairness I will add beyond load testing I only shoot this rifle for hunting . I am no long range target shooter  that pounds away on a regular basis . That's my experience with the RHO  , like you I wish RHO scopes were still made . I would purchase another . ,,,DT

IP Logged

ISS
Oldtimer

Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
+1 on the RHO scopes.  My younger brother has always been a Ruger #1 fan, and had the equivalent of a Shiloh #1 Long Range Express in 45-70 built about 30 years ago.  Put one of their scopes on it.  Mostly hunted deer and elk with it.
I have it now.

Rich

IP Logged

GT
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2022 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Grin Thanks for the comments Bill.

The RHO scope is in fact a very well made scope and right now I have it on a Hepburn in 22rf (that still has the black band forend retainers) - mine is only a 4X from the comparisons I've made to others but the optics do very well.
Mine also has the second wire in it that with my combination is a 16 minute graduation.
Because of the my barrel length, front sight dovetail cut, rear scope mount holes, etc. that I did for this rifle - before I ever had the scope, makes the graduations on the scope bases a little confusing to adjust.   I need a cheat sheet to make corrections when my spotter makes calls.  The next rifle build will be graduated better.
As my eye's deteriorate, I will be making less iron sights with my builds but I have found a pattern that I will use for my optics now.  A Damascus tube should make an interesting scope...  Wink

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right" M.T.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint