Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GRRC Schuetzen Match Report, June 2022 (Read 165 times)
oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

GRRC Schuetzen Match Report, June 2022
Jun 10th, 2022 at 7:50am
Print Post  
To begin with I would like to thank everyone for coming out to support us. We are celebrating our 15th year in holding Schuetzen matches here at the Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club in Harris, Minnesota. Through the years we have seen our program modified and amended. We have listened to shooter requests and suggestions. We have sought input and advice. We have traveled to other matches. It has all been a great learning experience which has helped us to present to you what I think is an excellent match program worthy of your best efforts. 

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Re: GRRC Schuetzen Match Report, June 2022 pg 2
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 7:51am
Print Post  
For 2022 we have redesigned our match awards to be more representative of traditional design and I must say I am very pleased with how they turned out.

We had a beautiful weekend for shooting, a major change from the near 100° temperatures from one year ago. Temperatures were in the low to mid 70’s, winds 5 – 10 mph and allowed for some excellent shooting conditions. If I would have a complaint, it would likely be the mosquito’s annoyance earlier in the morning. All told a pretty nice weekend. Before I go through the match scores, I must note the exceptional performance of Tom Jones who shot some really nice scores. I made the remark to him, “I see you have been practicing” and he responded saying, “Indeed, I am retired now, the job stress is gone, and I hold steadier!”

I would be remiss if I fail to mention all of the help and assistance, I receive from my good friend Gerald Klitz. He always has some great ideas and suggestions, thank you. I also want to thank Tom Jones for his help in breaking the range down and helping to put our toys away until August 13 - 14. I will look forward in seeing all of you then.

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint