Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hairtrigger #19 A Schoyen Ballard Project (Read 875 times)
hairtrigger
Participating Member

Hairtrigger #19 A Schoyen Ballard Project
Jan 29th, 2022 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
A viewer of some of my gun pix on this site asked me what I was currently working on ?  
    My preference (not always successfully) has been to work on one project at a time. Here then is what’s been taking up my bench time of late. 
    As a tee shirt I saw @ a match a few years back said 
“Life is too short to shoot an ugly gun”. This one I stocked w/ a great blank that I bought @ a Las Vegas gun show over 30 years ago. It was fitted up on this Ballard action around 2012 and then sort of went into limbo, I guess awaiting the right barrel.That didn’t happen until about three years ago when I ended up w/ this heavy 28” full oct. off-center shank .22 lr bbl. by Geo. Schoyen  that a friend scored at an estate auction in Ohio ! This bbl. came up only about .004 short of index on my Ballard.  I took that as a great omen as that doesn’t happen often. 
     The first picture here gives a good idea of the stock & receiver and the second of the forearm which is now with  Wayne Belec for  checkering. The barrel (which incidentally shoots just fine) will need rebrowning, & the lever and receiver case coloring & perhaps some engraving?. A palm  rest is a definite maybe,w/ that decision based on whether I need another 15 lb. offhand rifle!

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Hairtrigger #19 A Schoyen Ballard Project
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2022 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Extremely Charming Indeed !!.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2022 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Hair triggers and palm rests are an excellent combination 
Paul Shuttleworth adjusted  my CPA and said … “That’s about right “
I got home and measured it … 1/2 ounce

IP Logged

portside

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2022 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Another beautiful thing Dennis, it will be true eye candy once Wayne gets done with his checkering, the barrel browned and the the color case work is done. I always enjoy seeing a heavy barrel on a Ballard like this though it will be heavy seeing as how it is a .22 (another good thing) with the barrel having the history it has it should be a shooter.
Dave

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint