Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic My K10 solution (Read 995 times)
oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

My K10 solution
Aug 24th, 2021 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
So I got this really nice Weaver K10 AO off the list with the idea of using it on my 44 1/2 Stevens with barrels that had target scope blocks when working up loads. It even came with some really cool QD rings that would work on the blocks and make swapping between barrels easy. Of course, Murphy lives. The placement of the scope for my shooting position had the turret adjustment housing directly over the rear block so no chance of using  the block for mounting. What to do that was simple (and cheap!)? It took some careful measuring and a lot of looking but my old friend Pyramyd (yes, it has a second  "y") Air came to the rescue. Ta da, the Leapers Accushot 1-Pc Bi-directional Offset Mount w/1" Rings, High, 11mm Dovetail. Sure, the blocks are 12 mm but this is clamp-on and it clamps perfectly on the rear block and the rings clear the turret and place the eyepiece at my desired distance. Oh, and it was less than $15;-) Now just waiting on Steve Earle's next batch of blocks for my 2 new barrels. I tested it on a CPA barrel, by the way.

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Re: My K10 solution
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2021 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
  Do you care to share a link?

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2021 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Sure. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Also available from Amazon for less and with Prime free shipping. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2021 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Is it only being attached to just the one block? Or was the scope also long enough to get to the 7.200 block. I just recently made one from the below blank and I had to recut the dovetail to the right width. Then to just drill and counter sink the screw heads and the hole spacings to fit. Blanks came from Brownell's and are 12 inches in length. This is for a 36X Leupold Target Scope and then modified for Kelby Rings. Rail width is a 1/2 inch and Dovetailed for 11MM Rings.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2021 at 6:08pm by JLouis »  

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

n.r.davis
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2021 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
I think Murphy has been living at my place the past week. Embarrassed
Would like to see a Photo, sounds like a good solution.  David

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1