Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Remington Long Range Creedmoor sight (Read 932 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Remington Long Range Creedmoor sight
Jul 3rd, 2021 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
I recently bought a Remington Creedmoor Long Range Rifle, and it was missing all the factory sights. I happened to have a correct windage globe Remington front sight, but not the original rear long range vernier sight.
I contacted Tony Maddox at the Original Sight Co. and he sent me a perfect copy of the original Remington sight! I doubt anyone could discern it from those Remington supplied with these Creedmoor Rifles? Just extremely nice work!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

4570mike
Senior Forum Member

Re: Remington Long Range Creedmoor sight
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2021 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Is that the same rear sight that was supplied on the RB97 Rolling blocks manufactured by Remington in the late 1990’s ?

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2021 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
4570mike wrote on Jul 3rd, 2021 at 8:15pm:
Is that the same rear sight that was supplied on the RB97 Rolling blocks manufactured by Remington in the late 1990’s ?

No, Tony makes these. I have two of those from the 1997 run, and they aren't horrible sights, but not great either. They finished the sights in a glass beaded finish, so they're dull. And the lead screw on the vernier is a bit crude and turns rough. I had to lap mine with valve lapping compound to make them work free. And they have some slop in the threads, so when you change direction you need to allow for the lash.
Tony's sight is leaps and bounds above the newer Remington sight.

IP Logged

RBKenn
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2021 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Important question, are all the parts fully interchangeable with the originals?

IP Logged

ssrifles
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2021 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
thanks val for the kind words,it is my intention by starting to build these sights is to make them as close to the ones used on the guns  back in the day. not my version or some one elses. ken,  i have rebuilt several old sights and sold parts to others to repair they're sights ,for the most part they will fit. there is just a little variation to the originals that a little fitting might be required. i  have had a lot of custom work to do and selling and packing guns. i am now back to trying to get more built as well as working on getting a cnc mill to help expedite my production.i haven't had much time to do anything with my website but i run at least a full page add in the single shot exchange,i list a lot of guns and the new sights i complete will be listed there also.  call me if i can help.   tony<><

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint