Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shooting partner (Read 1242 times)
blackpowder

Shooting partner
Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
If this is in the wrong place, please move it. I no longer have a partner for shooting BPCR and I am searching for someone in the same situation. I would be shooting at Ridgway gun club in Ridgway Pa. Looking for someone for practice days and match days. It doesn't have to be every match, but would be nice to get in a few a year. I have too much time and money invested to just have things sitting around and would really like to have some fun with it. Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

EricJ

Re: Shooting partner
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
I really hope you can find someone.  I know all to well what it's like and I've been in the same boat here in Nebraska for about 7 years now.  I have enough to shoot but no one to shoot with.  Good luck and I wish you the best.

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 4:31am
Print Post  
Lack of a regular shooting partner is the reason I gave up BPCS. Fault was mine, before retirement work schedule was irregular and difficult to set reliable match or practice days.

They are 2 person matches shooter and spotter switching off, anybody shooting the silhouette or long range single shot disciplines without good spotting in silhouette and coaching BPCR might as well stay home.

Now retired & our club we have half a dozen guys that practice once a week. It makes a tremendous difference in scores. Have seen relatively new shooters advance due to shooting practice with more experienced competitors. 

If I lived near Ridgeway would be there. It’s a great club.

Boats 

IP Logged

Deadeye Bly
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Come to Ridgway anyway for nat'ls and you might meet someone is the same situation. I've shot BPCR silhouette for 29 years with several different partners. A good partner make a a world of difference. I once went to a match alone and agreed to partner up with another loner. He was the worst spotter I've ever had and I vowed to never shoot with him again and I haven't.

I'll be at Ridgway but I'm teamed up already. I've had a good partner for several years now who is good at calling conditions. I've learned a lot from him. With both of us in our mid seventies our future is uncertain but I'll keep going as long as I can. I just had my eyes checked and they are 20/20 corrected so I'm good to go.

IP Logged

BudHyett
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 11:32am
Print Post  
I understand. My practice and match partner recently had foot surgery that went bad. She's laid up and I miss her input as we shoot. 

Often in coaching her, I find my sloppy habits that need correcting. You never really know a subject until you teach it and answer the student's questions. 

She should be back within a month and then we can again practice together for the State and Nationals.

Country boy from Illinois living in the magical Pacific Northwest
IP Logged

blackpowder

Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all of the replies. I am going to go down and empty out all of my loads in the next couple weeks. I will get them all reloaded and head down for the Nationals. Even if I "hang out", it should be a good time and maybe meet someone there.

IP Logged

jfeldman
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
A restaurant I went to many years ago had a good sized table with a big sign that just said "MAVERICKS".  Was for singles/loners who didn't mind some company.  Maybe they could start a "Mavericks"  sign-up sheet.

Regards,
Joe

IP Logged

oldman46
Senior Forum Member

Reply #7 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Lost my buddy to prostrate cancer a few years ago and things never are the same. Used to setup times and the both of us basically had the same interests at the time. Handgun, mil surps and precision accuracy. House was sold off as both he and his dad passed away within months of each other. Route I take into town I drive by his house so a reminder of what I lost. House has changed hands twice after he passed. But his reloading shack is still there. Frank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint