Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Guns of John Moses Browning (Read 526 times)
texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

The Guns of John Moses Browning
Jun 14th, 2021 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Hey guys,

I just finished reading a very, very good book titled, “The Guns of John Moses Browning”, authored by Nathan Gorenstein.  The book was published this year and is a must read for firearm enthusiast.  It’s an excellent and enjoyable read.  The author does an extremely good job portraying details of the life of John Browning and all the firearms he gets credit for inventing including the problems he overcame during the designs.  Without boring the reader with nitty-gritty details it touches on the majority of his 128 firearm patents used for plinking, hunting and the various designs used in all the wars and conflicts since WW1 and how the firearms are typically used.  As you well know, many are currently in production around the world.

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: The Guns of John Moses Browning
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
I also just finished the book. The main reason I bought the book was to get another perspective from the other I read, published By Browning Arms Co. many years ago. This book was formulated differently, and well done. Well worth the read in my opinion also.

rkba2nd

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Re: The Guns of John Moses Browning
Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
CThanks for the heads-up.  Looks like I’ve gotta make space on a shelf and hunt up a copy for myself. Since Wayne liked it, I assume there is a good treatment of the Single Shot (aka “High Wall”) that I will enjoy as well, right?

Froggie

PS  Amazing!  I just went on Abe Books, and several vendors had it. I’m getting a new copy and it’s still less than $25 delivered.  Sounds like a bargain to me.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2021 at 4:30pm by Green_Frog »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint