Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where have all the primers gone? (Read 4993 times)
mikeyfirelock
Participating Member

Re: Where have all the primers gone?
Reply #30 - May 29th, 2021 at 9:49am
Print Post  
FWIW......I ran into a guy at our local range who was visiting from out west, and worked for one of the large ammo companies.    He to,d me that they are making ammo  (and components) at their maximum capacity.

Too many rifles.....not enough money

IP Logged

powderhead

Reply #31 - Jun 11th, 2021 at 8:56am
Print Post  
I was lucky to find some CCI large magnum rifle primers at Bass Pro last week, but they were pricy.  I think over 6 dollars per 100.  I bought 700 and left 300 for someone else.  I use these in my Ruger no. 1 in 7mm mag.  It is a hunting rifle, and at my age these will probably last me until my expiration date.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #32 - Jun 11th, 2021 at 9:16am
Print Post  
boats wrote on May 27th, 2021 at 10:18pm:
Froggy that’s a kind offer & one I may take advantage of. One day offhand Targets.  Missed you last year overnight In Gretna deluge next morning turned and ran back home 

Likely to shoot rim & CF. Have a fair supply of .22 ammo. The shotgun primers a real help, my grandsons shooting 100-200 a week. Recent outings with him I pull Targets do not shoot due short supply.

Boats

You really should have stayed and shot with us. Friday afternoon was one of the nicest shooting days we have ever had there as far as weather conditions, and we brave souls had a great time.  You are planning on coming and shooting this time, right?

Make sure you read my note about the detour.  They’re finally replacing that narrow little bridge on Shula Dr so that way is closed.

Froggie

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #33 - Jun 11th, 2021 at 9:28am
Print Post  
I read that just recently Remington's ammo division has resumed manufacturing after being shut down for a long time during the bankruptcy period. The factory stated they are up and running 24/7 currently to catch up with ammo requests.
So maybe they'll be supplying primers soon also.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

MC One Shot
Participating Member

Reply #34 - Jun 12th, 2021 at 7:43am
Print Post  
In order for Remington to produce ammo they need to manufacture primers first. Hopefully they will produce enough for a reloaders share.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint