Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues *Update* (Read 906 times)
Spokes

Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues *Update*
May 11th, 2021 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
I just got home from a trip to the range with my brand new Pedersoli 1874 Sharps rifle that left me very disappointed. I experienced numerous misfires and while some rounds fired on the first strike, several required two or three strikes. I used factory ammo that I have previously used in my trapdoor rifle without a misfire so I am reasonably sure that it is not an ammo issue. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a a similar issue with a Pedersoli Sharps rifle.

**I contacted Pedersoli who put me in touch with Lee Shaver. I spoke with Lee and he talked me through a couple of diagnostics which resulted in him suggesting that I box up the lock and breech block and send them to him. He contacted me yesterday and said that the mainspring was the problem. Since it's a new gun the cost of the repair is on Pedersoli. Again, my thanks for your replies and to Lee Shaver for a quick turnaround.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues *Update*
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2021 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Contacting the manufacturer was indeed the best approach to take. And happy to hear that it is now being taken of properly.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Joe_S
Oldtimer

Re: Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues *Update*
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2021 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
please call Lee Shaver I believe he is still the authorized Pedersoli rep and knows what he is doing
Joe S

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint