Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues *Update* (Read 5490 times)
Joe_S
Oldtimer

Re: Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues
Reply #15 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
I had a similar problem with a Garret Sharps, sent it to Lee Shaver and he fixed it. I recommend the following:
1) Call Lee Shaver
2) Call Lee Shaver
3) Call Lee Shaver

if that doesnt work, call Lee Shaver.
You can send in the breechblock without having to send in the entire rifle. 
I hope this helps.
Joe S

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
And that is exactly how a manufacturer gets accused of making a piece of s--t and won't stand behind what he sells. But life goes on and it doesn't really have anything to do with me or my money so why would I even care and now I really don't.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Isn't or wasn't Lee the US factory service rep?

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #18 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 5:12pm:
Let me put it this way if I send my rifle back to CPA lets say to have something fixed does any really believe it has to go back through a DRO's background check again and another waiting period to get it back if living in Ca. 

I'll be happy to PM you the name of my friend in Ca. who not only had to do this, but since the factory didn't get it fixed right the first time, he had to do this TWICE! 
And yes, it seemed unfair, and unrealistic to me also. But I don't live there, so I didn't call him a liar for passing this information to me. 
By the way, you have met my friend on one occasion.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
I know John and I have no reason not to believe him. But I also have a friend who has since passed who had to send his new CPA back to them three times and did not have to go through any of that. Why I could not honestly say but only know he did not have to jump through all of those mentioned hoops? I personally have only had to do this once, I had Ruger 77 in 25-06 and the tang cracked right across the safety mortice opening and the trigger would no longer work. I took it to my gunsmith and local gun store owner and I asked him to fix it and he said let me send it back to Ruger first. Keep in mind this rifle had seen allot of use not abuse and the throat was actually shot out. I had also re-bedded it and also done my own trigger work. Before he sent it off he asked do you want another 25-06 coming back or possibly something else. I said I would prefer to have a 270 instead knowing full they would not do such a thing but he still insisted that he wanted to. Long story short sometime later and said come and pick your new rifle up. And all I had to pay for was another background check as obviously the serial number and the rifle itself would no longer registered as being the same. And to wait the required days along with some other minor charges and the total for the entire ordeal only came to 67 dollars and change. 

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Ranch13
Oldtimer

Reply #20 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Joe_S wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 5:27pm:
I had a similar problem with a Garret Sharps, sent it to Lee Shaver and he fixed it. I recommend the following:
1) Call Lee Shaver
2) Call Lee Shaver
3) Call Lee Shaver

if that doesnt work, call Lee Shaver.
You can send in the breechblock without having to send in the entire rifle. 
I hope this helps.
Joe S

And if after calling Lee he thinks it's just a problem in the breechblock, the block and lever will fit nicely in one of the small USPS flat rate boxes.

IP Logged

Marlene
Senior Forum Member

Reply #21 - May 9th, 2021 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Californians may ship a gun directly to the manufacturer or to another FFL holding gunsmith, and take direct delivery of that gun on return.

If a dealer ships the gun to the manufacturer on behalf of the owner, then it depends whether the dealer enters the gun into their inventory before shipping in order to transfer the gun to the manufacturer rather than just shipping.

The complexity of California gun law is onerous enough by itself. Sadly, it is often compounded but the (cough) legal acumen of various sharp minds in the firearms business. We are subject not only to the law, but a particular dealer's interpretation. I expect many retailers are unfamiliar with the details of the law in this area and just do what they do for any other delivery.

On this forum, we have almost all seen the common misinterpretations of statute around antique firearm status. Californians are constantly burdened with similar thoughts from the sharp legal minds behind the counter at the gun shop. I have, more than once, been asked to do a 4473 on an antique gun, by a dealer who knows no better. All we can do is decide whether to acquiesce or refuse.

I have no idea why I felt compelled to editorialize on this particular subject this morning, but there you have it Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint