Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) CPA action pic[s (Read 3266 times)
argie1891
Senior Forum Member

CPA action pic[s
Feb 15th, 2021 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
i just got back my action and new barrel in 25/35 Winchester. The action came off the barrel and after looking at how much of a piece of art it is i decided to post a couple pictures. i might be wrong but i just love the looks and quality. i just wish i had more money as i would be calling Gail and ordering another one if i did.   i hope the pictures look as good as the action really is. joe g. in Washington state

if you think you have it figured out  then you just dont understand

IP Logged

scharfe
Oldtimer

A good plan today beats
a perfect plan tomorrow.

Re: CPA action pic[s
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Beautiful !!!
You may want to edit the pics and get rid of the address and name though.

IP Logged

argie1891
Senior Forum Member

Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
thanks i should edit but really am not sure how and i dont think anyone on this forum is a threat. i really need to learn more about editing. i am going to head to man cave and put rifle together. only problem for shooting it is the foot of snow on the ground and it is supposed to start melting tomorrow then a worse problem mud.

IP Logged

scharfe
Oldtimer

A good plan today beats
a perfect plan tomorrow.

Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
We have 3 seasons here, Snow, Mud and Bug.

IP Logged

argie1891
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
how far are you from where they make CPA rifles??   that is one place i would visit if i could. i live in the washington on the west coast. it is run by liberals and is heading the way of california.

IP Logged

scharfe
Oldtimer

A good plan today beats
a perfect plan tomorrow.

Reply #5 - Feb 16th, 2021 at 12:51am
Print Post  
CPA is about 2 1/2 hrs away. Never been to the shop. Maybe 30 years ago when living in Nj I went down to one or 3 of Delaware Valley indoor matches. A fine bunch of people. I didn't have a rifle but got to shoot a 22 Pope with all the fixings I'll remember that forever. They had a small table set up for sale / trade items. I remember an A-1 Long Range engraved Ballard action for about $300.00 on it.

IP Logged

argie1891
Senior Forum Member

Reply #6 - Feb 16th, 2021 at 2:02am
Print Post  
yes prices have gone up just a bit. i still kick myself for not purchasing a nice frernch gras rifel like new bore and i could have bought it for75 bucks. now brass dies and everything can be found but then i called rcbs and a couple other places and it would have cost over $300 to get just a few cases and dies. 
i bought a m-95 hungarian straight pull rifle paid 79 delivered then as ammo was impossible to get except surplus and it was running out. i bought rcbs dies on their g list a bullet mould from down under cbe in Australia and cases from bertram would up costing me over $300 to load for a rifle that i paid less than 80 bucks for.... shortly after lee made dies and mould graff had cases. but i had what i needed and what a bargain. no one ever said i was a brain surgeon. i never met a gun i didnt like.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - Feb 16th, 2021 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Back in the late 60's and 70's when you could still walk in with a firearm to sell and walk out with one that you bought. At the biggest gun at Cal Expo in Sacramento Ca. at the time. There I would see a variety Schuetzen rifles and other Single Shots for sale sitting on the tables for damn near nothing that where just not in any demand at the time. This during the same time period when single shot collectors were increasing their collections substantially such as Ray Day, Warren Greatbach and others at a very minimal cost.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Feb 18th, 2021 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Very nice. Like you, I prefer the loop lever. 1st match locally is 3/7. Hope it is not too cold to shoot.

Here's my CPA. Should have the wood back from checkering by the end of the month. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2021 at 9:14am by SSShooter »  

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

argie1891
Senior Forum Member

Reply #9 - Feb 18th, 2021 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
i am dont really know exactly how they made them in the hay days of schutzen. It seemed to me that the place to put your fingers on the loop was just something to gouge the wood on whatever it was standing next to in the safe. i sure hope it warms up as i need to shoot the new barrel CPA put on my rifle. i have wanted a 25/35 for years. always figured it would be perfect for a walk in the woods.. the CPA is a bit heavy for that but then i am too old and stove up  to walk much in the woods anyway

IP Logged

colt45sa

Reply #10 - May 25th, 2022 at 9:12am
Print Post  
IJLouis wrote on Feb 16th, 2021 at 2:52pm:
Back in the late 60's and 70's when you could still walk in with a firearm to sell and walk out with one that you bought. At the biggest gun at Cal Expo in Sacramento Ca. at the time. There I would see a variety Schuetzen rifles and other Single Shots for sale sitting on the tables for damn near nothing that where just not in any demand at the time. This during the same time period when single shot collectors were increasing their collections substantially such as Ray Day, Warren Greatbach and others at a very minimal cost.

I remember those days,here in Florida.  Walk into a show with a firearm without having the action tied, sell the piece, buy another and head home.  Lots and lots of blued metal and wood.  Today all you see are polymer handguns and ARs.  As if you couldn't go to a LGS and buy the same thing.  But the other thing I miss is having the tables occupied by people with whom you could make a fair deal.  Today they go on and on about why your piece is not worth anything and theirs is rare, highly sought after, and expensive.  They are not hobbyists, they are vultures~!  I only go for a quick look around to see if I can get lucky and find something the masses are not interested in.  Recently I found a Model 1890 in .22 Short that was made in 1924.  I is incredibly clean and has the prettiest wood I've ever seen on an 1890.  I was able to get a reasonably fair deal on it being that it wasn't an high capacity, big caliber "home protection" weapon~!

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #11 - May 25th, 2022 at 11:40am
Print Post  
At the recent Colorado Springs Collectors show I saw a rack with 4 very nice schuetzens complete with thumb rest stocks and original tang sights (one was even a takedown) and they were priced at less than $1100. And, yes, I have bought them for $100 in the distant past.

IP Logged

ISS
Oldtimer

Reply #12 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Idaho is still that way.  Walk in a gun show with something to sell, or looking to buy.  Make your deal, pay the man, or get cash, and walk out the door.

Reading the responses reminds me how lucky we live in a state where the Constitution is still the law of the land.

Rich

IP Logged

colt45sa

Reply #13 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
I'm sure that I would love Idaho.  I'm just not sure that I could take the climate after 49 years in Florida.

IP Logged

ISS
Oldtimer

Reply #14 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Answer: central air and heat.

Gail at CPA just called me.  I was getting concerned about the rifle I ordered from her.  She told me to relax, the rifle will ship to my FFL next Wednesday.  Plenty of time to get some practice in and be ready to go.
We are lucky to have a 100 yd indoor range in Boise.  The rangemaster there just loves seeing me and a Schuetzen rifle.  The whole concept of breechseating a bullet fascinates him.  Then he saw my first 10 shot target with my Zischang-Stevens.
I used the standard 200yd target, and they were all in the 25 ring.
Put the naysayers and black rifle guys in their place.

take care, and enjoy that CPA!

Rich

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint