Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Interesting Remington Box (Read 1043 times)
CharleHunter
Senior Forum Member

Interesting Remington Box
Jan 12th, 2021 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Found this when going through my Dads collection on the weekend. Despite being involved with his collection for many, many years I am being constantly surprised by what turns up in places that I have looked at many times. Unfortunately he passed on about 12 months ago so can't ask him anything about where it came from. 

The box is still fully sealed with a wrap around sleeve so assuming it is just a generic Remington box underneath.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Interesting Remington Box
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Remington was one of the best makers of ammunition for offering primed or unprimed brass throughout their history. Back before Marcellus Hartley bought UMC and later Remington, they offered primed brass for reloaders.
I've got some like your style, and also later ones where they used standard Remington dog bone boxes, with just a white label with red letters that read, "PRIMED BRASS". 
I've got one two part lift top box that is marked, ".44 Target Brass" that's for the .44-77 Remington-Sharps Bottleneck. Have an unopened box of paper patched bullets marked similarly for .44 Target long-range.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Interesting Remington Box
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
I used to drive by the Remington ammo facility in Bridgeport regularly, I wasn't at all into firearms then.
Later I shot at the Remington gun club facility and the skeet range in Stratford CT.
Greedy developers closed down the skeet range that shot over the Housatonic river claiming too much noise. Later, their plans to build condos were not approved. It's a park now afaik.

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint