Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chinquapin CoVid 19 Schützenfest (Read 114 times)
Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Chinquapin CoVid 19 Schützenfest
Oct 1st, 2020 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Chinquapin Covid 19 Schuetzenfest
9/25-26/2020

First, I’ve been trying to think positive to report about the match last weekend that was dealt a double blow of both the uncertainty of Kung Flu and the likelihood of rain on Friday.  There were some highlights to the event, even though there were only a total of six shooters bold enough to participate.  First, Ray Hoagland came up a day early and he and I spent Thursday getting the target frames in fine shape.  Much of the wood framework was replaced, all was secured, and we finished the afternoon proud of our work and confident of a great shoot.  We even pre-hung the new foam core plastic target backers, since they are weather proof.

I got word from James Parker that he had the eats taken care of... a fine meal of Barbecue with all the fixings… enough to feed an army (OK, maybe a small platoon.)  We were ready to go!  Smiley

Then the rain leftover from whatever hurricane (I’ve lost track of all the names this year) came in overnight and half of the shooters who had planned to join us cancelled.  Undecided I really don’t blame them, but I couldn’t help but be disappointed. Sad Anyway, we shot through desultory drizzles all day Friday, and the 4 of us who came back Saturday had nearly perfect weather. So, a few of us had some pretty good fun shooting, some excellent eating, and always great fellowship.  Cool

Relative newcomer Steve Reynolds was the most hardcore old school among us, shooting Centerfire at 200 yds both from the bench and offhand. And he turned in a 166-0C for the latter and a 234-2C for the latter… all in the rain!  Ray Hoagland was able to edge him out from the bench with a 247-7C using his 32-20 CPA and a 241-2C with his 25-20.

At 100 yards with rimfire from the bench, Ray came through again with a 248-8C beating out Charlie Shaeff’s 209-1C and James Parker’s 191-0C.   Just for fun, Tim Kuntz shot a 100 yd offhand target with his iron sighted Ruger and turned in a 140-0C.  Danny Smith shot his second event with us and assures me he will be turning in a competitive score in June.

Not a lot of results to report this time, but we’re shooting again at Chinquapin and that’s something.  Our next match will be scheduled for 25 and 26 June, 2021.  I definitely plan to be there!

Respectfully submitted,
Charlie (Green Frog) Shaeff
Chinquapin Schuetzenmeister

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint