Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic J. Stevens .32 Long Cal Drop Block Rifle - Value?? (Read 2008 times)
Retreever

J. Stevens .32 Long Cal Drop Block Rifle - Value??
Aug 6th, 2020 at 8:04am
Print Post  
This gun has come up at a local auction, I inquired about other marks and barrel length - they advised barrel is 22", the following appears on the receiver "USA Patent April 17/94" and the number 38 is stamped "by break open lever" I am attaching a couple pictures they provided. Assuming it's in decent condition what would be the value?

Retreever

IP Logged

MrTipUp
Frequent Elocutionist

Quality is to a product
what character is to
a man

Re: J. Stevens .32 Long Cal Drop Block Rifle - Value??
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
The rifle appears to have been completely if nicely refinished, the rear sight may be a replacement, the raised screws on the tang are hopefully only what's left of a missing period tang sight, and we know nothing about the bore of what I presume is a .32 Long RF chambering.  Under those assumptions and not having been able to actually see the gun, I'd say $400-$450 is the most I'd consider paying.

Bill Lawrence

IP Logged

Bent_Ramrod
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
It does have the less-than-common lock ring setup that was used for a while to take up wear in the lever/breechblock linkage.  Somebody collecting the Favorite variants (and desperate to “Collect Them ALL!”) might pay a premium for this version if they don’t have one, as it’s in pretty nice external shape.

I’ve seen routine Favorites in good condition going (and going) for $250 or so.  Original finish raises the price maybe $100-150 more.   It none of them are real hot sellers at those asking prices.

IP Logged

John Rigby

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2020 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum Mike.

John Rigby

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint