Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BPCR Brass Cleaning Solutions for a Tumbler (Read 1700 times)
texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

BPCR Brass Cleaning Solutions for a Tumbler
May 6th, 2020 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
The subject article was published in the May edition of The Single Shot Exchange (SSE) Magazine.  If you are not a subscriber you can access the article at the following link.  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
IP Logged

Reverend Al
Oldtimer

Re: BPCR Brass Cleaning Solutions for a Tumbler
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2020 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
I've been using a Frankford Arsenal ss pin wet tumbler for about 2 years now and use the same solution to clean cases that have been fired with smokeless powder or black powder.  A nearly full drum of water, 5 pounds of ss pins, with a squirt of Dawn dish soap, plus a teaspoon full of Lemishine.  They all come out looking the same ... bright and shiny!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't quite reached my "Expiry" date yet ...

IP Logged

Maynard Buff

Re: BPCR Brass Cleaning Solutions for a Tumbler
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2020 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Have used the Dawn and Lemishine with my SS pins, but recently switched to Guntap's product which is a detergent like powder.  Seems to clean up a bit better and less residue.  Works well on both my smokeless and black powder brass.  Really cleans up my Maynard 1865 percussion brass.  The water is remarkably dirty when cleaning those up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint