Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic My New Old Star Lubesizer (Read 2456 times)
texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

My New Old Star Lubesizer
Apr 11th, 2020 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Several days ago I posted in the For Sale / Trade section that I was looking for a used Star Lubesizer.  The used Star arrived a few days ago & I just finished cleaning it up.  What I thought was yellow paint on top of the blue was actually the blue & silver paint wearing off & exposing the yellow primer.  In any case it was obviously not very attractive so all the paint was removed. The unit is in great shape, everything is tight & work smoothly, & I got it for less than half the price of a new one.  I’ve got several dies, couple of punches, punch nuts and a die removal tool on order.  Most if not all the usage will be lubing BPCR bullets with soft lube which I shoot unsized.  Pan lubing works well on some but not on others with shallow grooves and the lube I use.  Can’t wait to use it.

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
IP Logged

GrumpyBear

Re: My New Old Star Lubesizer
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2020 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Looking good Wayne, anxious to see how it works on those shallow groove bullets.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Shash-yazhi -bear-cub

Brian

IP Logged

SBoomer
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2020 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Nice job! Looks good.

IP Logged

J.G.Terry
Participating Member

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Yes, a nice job. I had brought back to life a Star Sizer that came from an estate sale. The works were jammed up with coagulated old black lube. Got everything warm. Poked dried lube with a screw driver. A long round glob of black lube came out. No cussing involved, Another twist came finally mounting the machine on the work table. I was holding the sizer and looking at my Midway heater. Wonder what those three threaded holes are for on the heater. Shocked Took out for hardware store. Mounted the Star on the heater where it will remain.

IP Logged

Schutzenbob
Frequent Elocutionist

Rheinisch-Westfälisc
hen Sprengstoff-Fabriken

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
In the 1970's I worked at a gunshop in Long Beach California, and we sold Star lubers and dies made by Star Machine Works in San Diego. Star's equipment was made to last 100 years.  Wink

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Schutzenbob wrote on Apr 18th, 2020 at 3:08pm:
In the 1970's I worked at a gunshop in Long Beach California, and we sold Star lubers and dies made by Star Machine Works in San Diego. Star's equipment was made to last 100 years.  Wink

I guess that means I've only got 30-40 years left on mine!  Embarrassed

Froggie

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Schutzenbob wrote on Apr 18th, 2020 at 3:08pm:

I guess that means I've only got 30-40 years left on mine!  Embarrassed

Froggie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint