Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Resizing photos for this forum (Read 5612 times)
texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

Resizing photos for this forum
Jan 8th, 2020 at 12:09am
Print Post  
It’s obvious that many of the posters selling stuff here don’t have a good idea how to size their photos so they show up correctly within a standard computer screen.  If you have Microsoft Office you likely have Microsoft Office Picture Manager.  If so once you have taken a photo right click on it and select “open with”.  Then select Microsoft Office Picture Manager.  Click on "edit pictures…" on top of the screen & the edit pictures menu will open.  Click on "resize" & select “Percentage of original width x height:".  Now use the up and down arrows to resize the photo.  I typically resize photos to be posted here to no larger than 900 or so pixels wide.  Once you have resized the photo click on “OK” then don’t forget to save it by clicking on “file” then click on “save”.  Here’s an example of a photo that is 899 pixels wide.

If that's too large for the item being sold, which the 1st photo below is at 900 pixels wide, scale it down some using the same process.  If you have other photo editing software, resize your photos to similar pixel widths.  BTW, the 2nd photo is reduced to 602 pixels wide & the 3rd photo is 403 pixels wide.

Wayne
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:09am by texasmac »  

NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Resizing photos for this forum
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2021 at 10:47am
Print Post  
I simply load all my pictures to my free Imgur account, and then choose from 7 different sizes for posting here. Even the largest size fits the pages of any forum.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2021 at 11:55am
Print Post  
I use the free below picture posting service " postimage " and choose the size setting being shown below. Then choose the picture and then scroll down to Hot Link for forums click on it to copy it and then past it here and below it is the size of the picture that we will all get. Just do a Google search to find this free and easy to use site.

« Last Edit: May 26th, 2021 at 12:08pm by JLouis »  

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

TRowe

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
I size my images in inches and usually post to Internet at 100 dpi. How big an image is the limit? Thanks

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
The photo limit is 500 kb, don’t know how that translates to dpi

Alan

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
I use a freeware version of Irfanview.  It takes some learning, but it does a lot more than resize.  I like to use the crop function to eliminate extraneous parts of an image.  Then you save it at a whatever new size is warranted. 

<div class=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint