Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Henry (modern) single shot rifle (Read 1623 times)
Terry_Morgan

Henry (modern) single shot rifle
Oct 31st, 2019 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Anyone have any experience with the recently introduced Henry single shot rifle? Is the trigger decent or can it be improved? I'm wondering if the .30-30 chambering would be fun to play with. Thanks.

Terry Morgan

IP Logged

beltfed
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Henry (modern) single shot rifle
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2019 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Not to cast negatives on the Henry Rifle company-
they are making quality US made products,

but that MSRP of $448 for the break action single shot
is really up there compared to the prices of 

Many NEF and H&R single shots out there also with some interesting chamberings. A couple friends have made a
"career" out of picking up these- they shoot very well.
beltfed/arnie

IP Logged

MI-shooter

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2019 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Comparing the Henry (which I have seen and handles several) to an H&R is unfair IMO. Fit, finish and wood quality is no comparison. The Henry is by far superior. Trigger pull in the samples I checked is a bit heavy and rough but I'm sure can be improved. I'd say trigger pull was in the 4-5 lbs range. I'm considering one for a 357 mag/max.

MI-shooter

IP Logged

singleshotsam
Oldtimer

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2019 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
I picked one up recently for my 9 year old grandson. It's in 44 magnum and the price was too good to pass up. We have had it out with 44 Special and Magnum ammo and he has had no problem with the length of pull or trigger with targets out to 150 yards. The wood on this particular rifle is exceptional, similar to the wood Ruger used on their early #1's. Everything about the rifle is well done and I am impressed. The trigger on this one is right at 5 pounds with no creep or roughness. Some use or stoning of the surfaces will improve it I am sure. Doing a search showed that a lighter hammer spring is available from various sources that also improves the trigger pull. Another plus for these rifles is ease of disassembly, go to Henry's web sight and watch the video. I don't know of anything other than a rolling block that is any easier or straight forward once you see how it is accomplished. Having worked on and repaired the Henry lever action rifles for clients in the area I have had experience with Henry's parts and service department. No questions asked on parts replacement, in the mail the following day. Needless to say I am impressed with the rifle and think it's an excellent value for the price.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint