Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Central Sierra 30th Anniversary Match Aug 2019 (Read 300 times)
oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Central Sierra 30th Anniversary Match Aug 2019
Aug 28th, 2019 at 8:05am
Print Post  
                       HUTCHISON RANGE      
                                                                    30th ANNIVERSARY MATCH                        
                       August 26, 2019      

CF 100 YARDS      
     MATCH #1      10 Shots Benchrest  Any Sights                                    
     *      Jerry Hartwig                        249      -9       x 250
           Rich Davis                        247      -7      
     *      Jerry Cleave                        244      -6      

MATCH #2      10 Shots Offhand  Any Sights                                    
     *      Jerry Hartwig                        185             x 250
     *      Jerry Cleave                        181            
           Rich Davis                        174            

MATCH #3      10 Shots Benchrest  Iron Sights                                    
     *      Jerry Hartwig                        246      -7       x 250
           Rich Davis                        242      -4      
     *      Jerry Cleave                        238      -2      

MATCH #4      10 Shots Offhand  Iron Sights                                    
           Rich Davis                        167            x 250
     *      Jerry Cleave                        166            
     *      Jerry Hartwig                        163            

AGGREGATE                                          
     *      Jerry Hartwig                        843      -16      x 1000
           Rich Davis                        830      -11      
     *      Jerry Cleave                        829      -8      

MATCH #7      10 Shots Benchrest For Group                  Average                  
     *      Jerry Hartwig                      .543    .445        0.494                  
           Rich Davis                      .922    .504        0.713                  
     *      Jerry Cleave                    1.180  1.085        1.133                   

*      Quarter Bore                                    

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Re: Central Sierra 30th Anniversary Match Aug 2019
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2019 at 8:11am
Print Post  
EQUIPMENT                                                
     Jerry Cleave            Stevens 44 1/2, Pedersen, 10", 25-20 SS, Mos 118 gr (BR), Doughty 103 gr (OH), Javelina S/L, B/S,                              
                 CCI BR4, 8.3 gr H108, Lyman STS 20x (BR), Lyman TS 8x (OH), Baldwin Soule, Riflesmith Globe                              
     Rich Davis      BR      FWB, Snover 14", 32-40, Jones 201 gr, Javelina S/L, B/S, Federal 215, 300 MP, 13.7 gr, Fecker 20x.                              
           OH      CPA 44 1/2, Douglas, 12", 28-35 SS, Mos 147 gr, Javelina, B/S, Federal Mag, 300 MP, 12.3 gr,                              
                 Lyman STS 12x.                              
     Udo Frank            BR  Winchester High-wall, Douglas 14", 33-47, Mos 230 gr, 25:1, B/S, Javelina S/L, F150, H108, 14.5 gr,                              
                 Unertl 15x.                              
     Jerry Hartwig                 CPA 44 1/2, Douglas, 10", 25-20 WCF, Mos 120 gr, JSL, B/S, CCI BR4, AA 4100, 9.6 gr,                              
                 BR Lyman STS 20x, OH Unertl 16x.                              
     Steve Stewart                BR  Winchester High-wall, Douglas 14", 33-47, Mos 230 gr, 25:1, B/S, Javelina S/L, F150, H108, 14.5 gr,                              
                 Unertl 15x.                              

Due to excessive temperatures we canceled our July match, and held our 30th Anniversary Match this month.  Temps were still pretty warm, but it is summer in the San Joaquin Valley!  Jerry Hartwig tied the Bench Any Sight record again!  One            participant, to remain anonymous had trouble with his rifle. A workshop was convened, but unfortunately we were unable to solve the problem.                                          
     In recognition of this being a special Anniversary Match, we presented a copy of The Pope Hartford books donated by Tome Rowe      to the high.         scope aggregate (Matches 1 & 2) winner.                         Congratulations to Jerry Hartwig!  And thank you Tom

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2019 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Congratulations on your Club's 30 years of Schuetzen competition! 

Left to Right
Rich Davis, Jerry Cleave, Steve Stewart, Jerry Hartwig, Udo Frank.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

JerryH
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Member #10876

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Central Sierra Schuetzen Club August 1989. (L-R) Richard Doughty, Laron Fields, Jerry Cleave, Joe Perhab, Paul Christian, Jean Cleave

I'm not a complete idiot, some of my parts are missing.

IP Logged

JerryH
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Member #10876

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
A bit of history on Jean Cleave, as told to me by Jerry Cleave.

Jean Cleave was Jerry Cleave's father and was born in September of 1909. He was named after an uncle who died as a young man. The uncle had been named after the hero of Le Miserables, hence the spelling of his name. He told Jerry that the spelling of his name got him into plenty of fights in elementary school.

He hunted and worked hard his whole life, and competed in a few local (Squaw Valley, CA area) High Power matches. By the time the Central Sierra Schuetzen Club started in 1989 his eyesight was failing. He still enjoyed shooting with “the boys” and even finished third once, something he was proud of. When he was no longer able to shoot he still attended the matches just to watch and visit.

At first he shot Jerry's 40-90 Ballard but soon changed to using Jerry's 38-55 Borchardt. 

I found this little bit of history interesting. I'm sharing it (with Jerry's permission) in the hopes that some of you will also.

JerryH

I'm not a complete idiot, some of my parts are missing.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Thank you for doing a little research on just who Jean Cleave was Jerry! And I would have been very honored if I would have had the privilege to have met that Gentleman. Now I know where his Son Jerry Cleave and his Brother Chuck Cleave got their compassion from and not only for the sake of shooting but also for the tremendous Love for all of Mankind.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint