Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Borchardt finished. (Read 6660 times)
GT
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Borchardt finished.
Reply #15 - May 15th, 2019 at 12:21am
Print Post  
John,
You'll have to bring that and some other SS over for one of our impromptu matches.  Sitting down behind sticks and ringing a gong at an unreasonable distance with a firearm YOU built causes a stir deep within...  that's my excuse anyway and it's lead to quite a few builds for me and a following.  Grin
Greg

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right" M.T.

IP Logged

Amoretti

Reply #16 - May 15th, 2019 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Chuckster asked about the triggers.  Rodney sells dst parts for a Zischang dst for the Borchardt.  Not too difficult so I built a set.  Nice triggers but they require the removal of a lot of metal from the bottom of the receiver and I didn’t care for the way they mounted to the gun.

Some years ago in the Journal, Richard Binger wrote about his version of the dsts for Borchardts in his series called Trigger Happy.  I liked his design but again it required more metal removal than I liked.  It was like the Zischang dst except he substituted a vee spring for the leaf spring in Zischangs design and used a different hammer piece to hit the end of the sear toggle.  I used Bingers design but substituted a small, strong coil spring for the main dst spring.  Envision a coil spring bearing down on the rear spur of the rear trigger instead of a leaf or V spring.

It seems to work well and is quite compact.  This same design looks like it might work in other actions esp the Hepburn and rolling block.  If anyone is truly interested send me your email address via pm and I’ll send a picture.  I don’t do well with the forums picture posting procedures.

Cannot make the bbq this weekend but hope to see you and others at the show this weekend!

John

IP Logged

Longdistance1
Senior Forum Member

Reply #17 - May 15th, 2019 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Hi John  you have sent me pics of this build as you went along. These pics are the first of the finished product I've seen,  that's  a damm Good looking Borchardt.  Exelent Job !!!
LD1 
Now we need a range report.

IP Logged

jfeldman
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #18 - May 16th, 2019 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Some pictures of John's double set triggers he made for his Borchardt.
I'm very impressed!            Joe

IP Logged

flint45
Participating Member

Reply #19 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
That's a nice rifle very well done.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint