Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Fallow season in Oz (Read 3365 times)
Spud
Senior Forum Member

Fallow season in Oz
Apr 28th, 2019 at 2:56am
Print Post  
I've just spent a very productive week chasing Fallow deer. We were shooting for meat and the block is heavily wooded, with most of the deer moving at dawn and dusk. With that in mind I decided to use a scoped Ruger No.1 in .303 British. That's about as modern as it gets for me Wink.
I thought I'd include a photo of something different this time to give you boys an idea of our "forest" conditions.
There were some decent stags about and here's a good rub tree with the No.1 for comparison.
Spud   
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2019 at 3:09am by Spud »  

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Fallow season in Oz
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Neat picture. Interesting lookin' place.

IP Logged

rodneys
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Man they destroyed that tree. Whitetail’s are not that aggressive. Thanks for shareing.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
That's an amazing rub!  Pretty thick woods too! Must have to either thread the needle, or get close to get a clear shot at one!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

32-40 Cadet

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 4:59am
Print Post  
Spud wrote on Apr 28th, 2019 at 2:56am:
I've just spent a very productive week chasing Fallow deer. We were shooting for meat and the block is heavily wooded, with most of the deer moving at dawn and dusk. With that in mind I decided to use a scoped Ruger No.1 in .303 British. That's about as modern as it gets for me Wink.
I thought I'd include a photo of something different this time to give you boys an idea of our "forest" conditions.
There were some decent stags about and here's a good rub tree with the No.1 for comparison.
Spud   

G'day Spud. That's a fine rifle mate and a very serious rub tree. Very familiar territory there. Stringy and Ironbark. I missed the rut this year, but got in a hunt in early June up near Glenn Innes, got snowed on, but we got two meat fallow and a Fox each.  Smiley 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint