Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Stevens Countertop Display Poster (Read 5367 times)
RSW
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Stevens Countertop Display Poster
Reply #15 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 10:21am
Print Post  
830singleshot
See the JPG of that poster below. Unfortunately, it has neither the resolution or image clarity for enlargement. If you compare to the photo of the counter top display, it is clearly the same target. Even the bullet holes are in the same places.

Randy W
ASSRA 10211  -  ISSA 125
There are indeed two Americas. Simply put, it is not the haves and have nots. The two Americans are in reality divided into those who do and those who don't.
IP Logged

830singleshot
Senior Forum Member

Re: Stevens Countertop Display Poster
Reply #16 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Bill Lawrence wrote on Mar 4th, 2019 at 10:22am:
Savage-Stevens posters, counter displays, and other such  point-of-sales pieces are rare enough; those from Stevens independent "glory days" are almost unheard of.

That being said, it might be possible to have this later counter display reproduced in very high quality.  The man's name is Jeffrey Johnson; he lives in Muncie, Indiana; he sells on eBay as big-jeff; his business is making and selling high-quality gun- and gunpowder-related POS reproductions. 

It's is my understanding that while he prefers to own the original, he will also work with loaners under the provision that he can add them to his ever-growing product line.  He does nothing to the original other than scan it.  He then restores the scanned image and prints copies.  If the item was originally a flat or 3-D die-cut, he mounts the prints on appropriate backing, trims the result exactly as it was originally, and adds reproduction hangers or folding "easel legs" as needed.  In short, when he's done, what he sells is as close to the "minty" original as you could hope for.

Last, I have no connection with Mr. Johnson other than being his very satisfied customer and no stake in his business whatsoever.  Indeed, he likely wouldn't even recognize my name.

Bill Lawrence

Bill,
I don't know whether to thank you or not!  Finding him is going to cost me some money.   His web site is (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) and he has a lot of stuff not listed on ebay.  Also he states on his web site that he marks his stuff to prevent fraud.  I'm excited to have found this.

J. Scott McCash&&New Braunfels, TX&&830-237-2376&&jsmccash@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint