Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Vegas Find (Read 1406 times)
GT
Frequent Elocutionist

Vegas Find
Jan 29th, 2019 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
The show wasn't a complete waste of time, I found a couple pieces of wood and one just screams Westley Richards so now I'm itching to get back on this.  I left the show for what I thought was the last time without a gun in tow but I didn't make it very far and had to turn around.  I didn't need this one as I've got one that is coming close but I needed double set triggers and a centerfire breechblock - for what the guy wanted I had to go back... Wink  The caliber is a 225 win and that does nothing for me but the turn of a screw and the twist of the barrel take care of that issue. So I have more projects yet...

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right" M.T.

IP Logged

DWT1885
Senior Forum Member

Re: Vegas Find
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2019 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Hey Greg, Nice piece of wood for the Westley Richards. And the butt stock on that Stevens don't look to bad either. So no 1885's at the show ? Dale.

35th Security Police Squadron, Phan Rang AB, RVN, May 70-71.
All gave some, some gave all.

IP Logged

GT
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2019 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks I thought it was nice, we'll see once I get rid of the sapwood but I think that'll all go away.   Mike is sending me more for forends so it should turn out OK.

Dale, I looked at a couple of high walls but for what they were asking and willing to negotiate nothing worked out.  That 40-65 I got from you, I made a sight for it and was out shooting it and was really pleased but a good friend that I've been trying to sway over to this type of shooting was with me and he became quite attached to it, so in a moment of weakness  Sad I'm letting it go.  It continually rang the 2' gong at 800 -mostly centered.  I tell myself it going to a good home and the guy will cherish it because he only buys one gun for each religion and he will treat it right...  Even with all the other to take it's place, letting go of a vintage rifle is tough.  Anyone else feel the same?  This is two now that I've allowed to go in the last 5 years - similar circumstances, should I go seek medical help?  Huh

Maybe the Sioux Falls show will have more high walls?

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right" M.T.

IP Logged

DWT1885
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2019 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Greg, I'm going to the Baltimore show March 16th. My first time at this one. I'm looking for a Special Single Shot 1885. But in my heart I know I won't be able to afford one. But neat to look anyway. About that 1885 I sold you. Well, they come and they go. Dale.

35th Security Police Squadron, Phan Rang AB, RVN, May 70-71.
All gave some, some gave all.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint