Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Latest Journal cover (Read 2206 times)
.22-5-40
Oldtimer

Latest Journal cover
Jan 14th, 2019 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Just love that cover!  This is the first photo I have seen of early shooters loading at range.  I wonder if Randy Wright would be interested in rendering a painting?  Keep those old photo's coming!

IP Logged

RSW
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Latest Journal cover
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Interesting that you would mention a painting of old time shooters. It just so happens that I'm working on a painting of the interior of an old shooting house such as Glendale Park or Union Hill during a Schuetzenfest. It's still in the early concept stage so it won't be completed for some months yet.
Randy Wright

Randy W
ASSRA 10211  -  ISSA 125
There are indeed two Americas. Simply put, it is not the haves and have nots. The two Americans are in reality divided into those who do and those who don't.
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Randy's life's contribution to Schuetzen is very highly commendable by both his historical art work, his long term participation as both a competitor and all the various voluntary roles his has so graciously taken upon himself over the years to provide much needed support.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:17am
Print Post  
When Tom sent me that I jumped on it its a wonderful photo. I also like it because it is a brand new image I have never seen it before. Thanks to Tom Rowe for thinking of us.

40 Rod

IP Logged

ledball
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 10:11am
Print Post  
The Borchardt sure was a handsome rifle, it’s a shame only about 22 thousand were made, maybe if they had installed a big “fake” hammer in back of the breechblock the shooters would have liked it better.   Ledball

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Our range safety officer would have a fit if that happened. At least 3 rifles are pointing directly at someone else;-) And, yes, it is a shame that Borchardts are discriminated against for BPCR and Cowboy Silhouette just because they don't have that silly hammer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint