Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) post photos (Read 7858 times)
blunderbus41

post photos
Dec 31st, 2018 at 9:07am
Print Post  
what is the method to post photos? john

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: post photos
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
It's easy--because I can do it.  (Assuming photo already stored on your computer.)

First, hit "reply" or "new post."  Under the dialog box (where you write your message) is a separate box called "attachment 1".  Hit "Browse" on the right hand side, which will take you to the photo storage of your computer.  Then just choose the photo you want, & it will be inserted automatically into this box.  For a 2nd photo, hit the "attachment" button again & a 2nd browse-box will open up.

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Just to be clear "choosing" your photo may be a 2 part thing, clicking on your photo and clicking open.

IP Logged

blunderbus41

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
I thought you had to reduce the amount of pixels? john

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Schutzenbob
Frequent Elocutionist

Rheinisch-Westfälisc
hen Sprengstoff-Fabriken

Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
This website restricts the size of photos that can be uploaded. In your photo gallery....open the photo that you want to upload, and then click on "properties," then you should get a menu, and you can click on "resize." After you click on "resize" you can reduce the size of the photo, then click "resize and save." This will give you a smaller photo to upload. Wink

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Schutzenbob wrote on Dec 31st, 2018 at 2:19pm:
In your photo gallery....open the photo that you want to upload, and then click on "properties," then you should get a menu, and you can click on "resize." After you click on "resize" you can reduce the size of the photo, then click "resize and save." This will give you a smaller photo to upload. Wink

May not be available with all systems.  On my Win 7,  there's no "resize" option under "properties."  Resizing can be done by opening photo in the "Paint" program, but it's a complicated process.   

IP Logged

Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
On my new Apple I drag the photo I want to the desk top screen, double left click it to enlarge and at the top of your screen will appear Preview, click on tools, adjust size and on new menu click on pixels and 320x320 for a small photo or larger pixels for a photo the next size up as this one is and ok.
Then to file and export, on another drop down menu I send it to documents where you can find it to post here.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2018 at 5:16pm by Nero »  

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
I discovered I have Paint.  I can resize and post if you can't get it as long as the volume doesn't get out of control  Grin

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
If you have Windows (at least Windows prior to Windows 10) you can double click on your photo to open it in Windows Photo Viewer and select eMail at the top left. A box will come up and give you a choice of picture sizes to select from. You can then send it to yourself and when you get it save it under a new name and use that one to post to the list.

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #9 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
oneatatime wrote on Dec 31st, 2018 at 6:12pm:
If you have Windows (at least Windows prior to Windows 10) you can double click on your photo to open it in Windows Photo Viewer and select eMail at the top left. A box will come up and give you a choice of picture sizes to select from. You can then send it to yourself and when you get it save it under a new name and use that one to post to the list.

Thanks for the tip.  Just tried it & seems easier than using the Paint program.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
The default photo viewer I have with Windows 10 does not offer a resizing that I could find. 

The only way to reduce the size is to crop the photo.  You might have to crop too much and lose some of what you wnat to show to get it small enough  Huh

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #11 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
I use (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) it's free and I find it quite easy to use if you might be interested send me an email and I should be to able to help walk you through it.

johnnymlouis@gmail.com

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Bent_Ramrod
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #12 - Jan 1st, 2019 at 11:20am
Print Post  
There’s a free site called Shrinkpicturesdotcom that I use for all my photos.  For one at a time, it’s free; you have to pay to process batches.  I never do batches.

The only trick with the ASSRA site is, Never Use Preview.  It seems to erase my photos when I click on it.  I make sure everything in the typing block is coherent, then add the picture according to directions and post.

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #13 - Jan 1st, 2019 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Dec 31st, 2018 at 10:10pm:
The default photo viewer I have with Windows 10 does not offer a resizing that I could find. 

Worst O.S. ever devised.  Tried 2 yrs ago to buy another laptop with Win 7 installed--impossible.  I hate M.S., but can't afford Apple. 

IP Logged

Tom_Trevor assra life no.71
Oldtimer

Tom Trevor

Reply #14 - Jan 1st, 2019 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
resizepic.com is so simple its something even I can do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint