Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) post photos (Read 7860 times)
Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: post photos
Reply #15 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Redsetter wrote on Jan 1st, 2019 at 12:39pm:
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Dec 31st, 2018 at 10:10pm:
The default photo viewer I have with Windows 10 does not offer a resizing that I could find. 

Worst O.S. ever devised.  Tried 2 yrs ago to buy another laptop with Win 7 installed--impossible.  I hate M.S., but can't afford Apple. 

We thought about going Apple a few years ago.  Our son is a network administrator. He said Apple is totally different than MS and he wasn't going to learn any Apple, so we would be on our own.  That was that  Roll Eyes

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
I think once you have used an Apple you wouldn't want to go back to a M/S.
Our old one must be eight or nine years old now and it never went wrong and no hassles and is still working ok now and only bought the new one because of the better technology, better screen and better updates.   
Its different to our old one and took a bit of time to get used to it but getting there as with reducing the size of photo's.

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Some of us have brains that are compatible with MicroSoft systems, brains of others are compatible with Apple systems. Apple is hopeless for me, and I tried to learn to use one for 2-3 years and failed -- nothing my Apple-compatible friends tried to teach me helped. IF you are cussing the one you use, try the other. If neither works for you, try Unix, or, ?????

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #18 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 1:53am:
Redsetter wrote on Jan 1st, 2019 at 12:39pm:
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Dec 31st, 2018 at 10:10pm:
The default photo viewer I have with Windows 10 does not offer a resizing that I could find. 

Worst O.S. ever devised.  Tried 2 yrs ago to buy another laptop with Win 7 installed--impossible.  I hate M.S., but can't afford Apple. 

We thought about going Apple a few years ago.  Our son is a network administrator. He said Apple is totally different than MS and he wasn't going to learn any Apple, so we would be on our own.  That was that  Roll Eyes

I have MS based computer, and wife has an Apple. I can't make heads or tails of hers, and can't even figure out how to get on the internet with it. If it's already on the internet I can't figure out how to navigate or search. 
I gave up on it.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
I think Windows ME was the worst OS, then Windows 8.
Win 10 is like a breath of fresh air compared to 8.

Aaron

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Rebel wrote on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 3:25pm:
I think Windows ME was the worst OS, then Windows 8.
Win 10 is like a breath of fresh air compared to 8.

Aaron

Same as my experience.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #21 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Windows is a salvage of a bad idea operation.  Too bad Steve Jobs didn't meet IBM on the fateful day   Shocked

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #22 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
I have been a Mac guy since before they were even made public.  I was training Apple dealer sales people on the Mac two weeks before the official announcement in 1984.  I worked t several Apple dealers and eventually ended up in a state agency where I am now in the server operations group supporting 500+ Windows servers.  We use Windows 10 as our workstations.  It is no better than Windows XP or Windows 7 except for more features.  It seems every quarter Microsoft release a new Windows 10 version which breaks many of the tools I use to manage servers until I get them upgraded.   When not a work, I use an older Mac to access the internet and mail.  I am no fan of the Apple mail client, but it works.  I use Yahoo mail for most stuff.  A browser is a browser whether Windows or Mac.  We have Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer at work.  Chrome is by far the most compatible.  Edge it totally not ready for prime time.  I use Firefox mostly on the Mac.  I used to consider myself a computer hobbyist, but lost interest when I began working in the field.  I am ready to retire and will not miss Windows at all. Windows has its place, but Microsoft can't seem to figure out if it is a business operating system or a consumer one.   

Jack

ASSRA # 11318
just a bit of a hoot.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #23 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Jack, I sure agree with you on Edge! I replaced my laptop this summer and my computer guy told me that Windows Explorer is on it's way out, and Microsoft is pushing people to use Edge. My new computer was set up to use Edge, and most the time my search function simply ran out of time, or failed to do anything! I was extremely irritated with it, and called my computer guy to return it. 
I ran it over to his house and he set it up to use Google Chrome and no more problems. I have no idea why Microsoft offers these stupid systems that aren't ready to be used, and then pushes them on the customers?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #24 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
No one I know uses Edge, nor did I use Explorer. Use Chrome for routine browsing and email and newspapers, Google Search, etc. -- but refuse to use any other Google systems because of their cumbersome, "guilty until proven otherwise" protocol for pass words.

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #25 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
I have MS Vista, for my OS. It has the best picture editing, program that I've seen. It's call, MS Office Picture manager. I don't know if it's available on MS 7 but, I know it's not on 10, I looked for it on a friends MS 10. After opening Picture Manager, I can make a picture fit this forums format, in 3 clicks.

Believe it or not, I've had this computer for at least 10 years!!! I've never had one last that long and I've had one (actually at least 7) since 1993/4. There is not much support for Vista now but, I don't want to give it up and won't, until my HD crashes.

BTW, I search mostly, with Yahoo, to keep Google from tracking me.

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #26 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Frank,

Agree that Microsoft Office Picture Manager is about as easy as it gets.
Picture Manager wasn't part of the actual MS operating system, but was part of the Tools package that you could choose to install when you installed the separate MS Office program files.

I haven't checked the older Office version CD to see if Picture Manager could be loaded from it separately onto the MS 10 OS, but I remember that you used to be able to do so with some program files onto computers that were running some of the older earlier OS's.

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #27 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 3:52am
Print Post  
I use Paint to resize. Give it a size % and save.

IP Logged

Chuckster
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #28 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Paint will also do pixels. 640 x 480 is about right.
Resize found under "properties" at the top or the page.
Chuck

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #29 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks, I'll look for that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint