Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Cody Ballard (Read 4571 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Cody Ballard
Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
kootne wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 9:47pm:

Vall, your time frame seems right compared to a receipt for a rifle I have, ordered May 2001, #C825. Badger barrels in that time frame were pretty much standard in all calibers unless something else was specified. Each rifle had a pretty extensive order sheet with all the build details on it but not being an office guy I'm not sure a copy was returned to the customer.

Since I purchased the Ballard I have from my friend's widow, I didn't get the build or order sheet with it. He was a huge fan of Ballards built in Cody, and had 5 of them at his death. He told me when he ordered this one it had a Badger barrel, but I couldn't locate the build sheet in his firearms records. I found them for two of his 5 guns, just not mine. Guessing it got lost, or he didn't get one.
Appreciate your input as to what they used during this time frame.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Rich_Siegel

Reply #16 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 10:13am
Print Post  
In October, a Cody Ballard rolling block sold at the Poulin auction in Maine for just over $2800.  I was led to believe it was a reworked #1 Remington action that had been completely redone with beautiful case coloring and a new heavy barrel in 22lr.  Unfortunately, I was outbid for it.

IP Logged

ratseye

Reply #17 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:32am
Print Post  
I purchased a beautiful Cody Ballard Pacific #5 in 40-70 a few years ago and the workmanship if fantastic. I have to agree that the talent in the Cody shop was first class. I shoots as good as it looks too. rats

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint