Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Schoyen chambers (Read 6999 times)
40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Re: Schoyen chambers
Reply #30 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 10:23am
Print Post  
OK so i'll ad a little more fire to the furnace. Durning their partnership I am told That Peterson did most of the barrel making but that all barrels were stamped Schoyen except for the barrels that were specifically requester to be made by Peterson. Schoyen still rifled barrels for special clients but Peterson turned out most of the barrels during the partnership.

40 Rod

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #31 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 11:31am
Print Post  
40_Rod wrote on Sep 27th, 2018 at 10:23am:
OK so i'll ad a little more fire to the furnace. Durning their partnership I am told That Peterson did most of the barrel making but that all barrels were stamped Schoyen except for the barrels that were specifically requester to be made by Peterson. Schoyen still rifled barrels for special clients but Peterson turned out most of the barrels during the partnership.

40 Rod

I've not heard that myself. Axel Peterson was an extremely fine gunsmith and barrel maker, and I have heard his specialty was .22 barrels. I also was told that it was very likely that Peterson likely made every .22 barrel that came from their shop during the years they were partners. But I've never heard he did all the barrels, and question that claim. If he did all the barrels, and Henry Simmons did all of Schoyen's stocks, then what would Schoyen be doing with his time all day? I just can't imagine Schoyen not doing barrel work along with Peterson in the  shop during the short 5 year period they were partners from 1911-1916.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #32 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
40Rod- Not necessarily disputing, just curious who told you?

rkba2nd

IP Logged

John Rigby

Reply #33 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
I've known Steve for many years going back to 1991.  I've traded, bought and sold guns with Steve over the years and have never doubted his word on any sale or trade.  He is very up front with my dealings.  Not to say he doesn't like to dicker on price, but then, who doesn't.  Also bought and sold to John and have enjoyed my experiences with both gentlemen.

John Rigby

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint