Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Remington Hepburn .40-50 Sharps Straight (1 7/8") (Read 11736 times)
Reverend Al
Oldtimer

Re: Remington Hepburn .40-50 Sharps Straight (1 7/8")
Reply #30 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
I did get the Hepburn out to the range, but only got a chance to zero it before the weather turned sour.  The wind got ugly and it started to rain off and on which is not good weather for shooting groups!  I was zeroing at 50 yards to start and then planned to take it to 100 and test 3 different loads; it's looking promising so far.  If the weather improves this week I'll try to get out again ...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't quite reached my "Expiry" date yet ...

IP Logged

Reverend Al
Oldtimer

Re: Remington Hepburn .40-50 Sharps Straight (1 7/8")
Reply #31 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Tried again today, but didn't even get the Hepburn out of the gun case once I got up to our club.  Range conditions were terrible up there compared to when I left home.  Steady drizzle of rain and a very heavy fog that obscured the target holders past about 50 yards most of the time.  The wind kept blowing the fog in and out, but never cleared it comletely.  I'll try again another day next week if the weather improves ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't quite reached my "Expiry" date yet ...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint