Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Classic Martini (Read 1352 times)
singleshotsam
Oldtimer

Classic Martini
Jul 28th, 2018 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
I seem to have a weakness for small frame Martini rifles. I am finishing up a 30-30 on a cadet action that will be sent to Classic Guns Inc. for color case soon. But I was wandering vendors row at the Quigley Buffalo Rifle Match with my wife and grand daughter and spied a lone rifle on one of the vendors tables. Being the only rifle on a 6 foot table it really drew my interest. Moving closer I saw a small frame Martini and asked to look it over. The first thing to draw my attention was the quality engraving and the excellent overall condition. The light weight octagon barrel with perfect bluing and bore and being mounted with express sights was a plus as well but the caliber sealed the deal, marked on the right side flat along with the original proof marks was neatly stamped 32-40. The rifle was built by Francotte in Liege and is signed by the engraver. Needless to say I brought it home. I have only tried one cast bullet load as yet and it is dead on at 100 yards with the 100 yard marked sight blade. I plan on hunting Missouri whitetails with it this fall. The 30-30 will be there too but on opening morning the 32-40 will be my companion.
SSS

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Classic Martini
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
I hope it proves to be as useful in the hunting field as it is delightful to look at. Nice piece, and good luck this season.

IP Logged

Reverend Al
Oldtimer

Re: Classic Martini
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2018 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Now that is a wonderful looking Martini in a terrific cartridge ... you couldn't ask for more!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't quite reached my "Expiry" date yet ...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint