Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Traditional rifle scope rules (Read 33171 times)
svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Traditional rifle scope rules
Reply #150 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Just to clearify a minor point ... BPCR rules require "clickless" micrometers on external adjustment scopes. MVA sells their "Malcomb-type" 3/4" scopes with "clickless" micrometers. I no longer recall reason why. Use both kinds and find no real difference -- kinda silly rule.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #151 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Those who compete know the rules same as in any sport and for those who don't click on the below and spend sometime reading them. They surely are not as difficult to understand as some would try to make them out to be. Any gray areas are left up to the discretion of the match director or the ASSRA Schuetzen Meister and if not sure of something just ask.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #152 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
westerner wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 3:06pm:
I like clicks. I'm used to them.  I started out using rifles with clicks.  I'm sticking with clicks. 

You run the matches at Tacoma, Bob. You should know all about the traditional rules.  It's your job!

Joe.  Smiley

I like clicks too.  Just for moving 1/2 MOA, not for setting the scope, quick, close enuf and easy.  Grin When moving my front windgage sight without out clicks, I give it about a click too, 1/8 turn +/-  Roll Eyes

I followed all the traditions Bill Crane and Chuck Bordman  set before me.   Most were good enuf  Undecided   

WE did have 2 Traditional Matches at Tacoma.  Bill's iron sight trophy (ASSRA rules) and the military musket match (all original Trapdoors, Snyders, RB, ect.)

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #153 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
I'm as straight as an arrow on the rules the way I read them Joe  Grin Only a slight modification of Local Traditions required  Roll Eyes

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #154 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Joe,

No separate class but the Eagle trophy goes to the best offhand iron sight score at the spring match.  It requires a traditional rifle with traditional sights and traditional ctg

You know the trophy Joe.  The one with your name all over it Smiley

ASSRA # 11318
just a bit of a hoot.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #155 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Barely enough shooters to have a match these days.  Not enough shooting iron sights to continue the 2 I mentioned above. Not enough shooter shooting offhand to have the ASBR, ASOH, ISBR, ISOH aggregate.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #156 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
That IS trophy was ASSRA traditional rules.  They never did have a traditional class unless it was in the ISSA Regional when they did it.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #157 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
westerner wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
You have to have two classes for the entire match now, Bob, Modern and Traditional.  Has nothing to do with TR&R T rules.  You have to do it. It's your job!

I don't remember ever being asked what class I wanted to shoot in at TR&R.  

Joe.  Smiley

What difference does it make if there is no separate awards or scoring? Nobody ever asked me either in the 20 years I shot before Bill and Chuck retired. 

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #158 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
It was an item each individual entered when filling out their equipment sheet. I have not seen one being handed for quite sometime now. Used to be provided one for every ISSA Regional event. 

JLouis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #159 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Sad but true Westerner I believe they refer to it as progress. But on the other hand what the Hell the open class has nothing on us in the accuracy dept. and still fun for me to beat up on. 

JLouis

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #160 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
The zip gun shooters know when they are beat by a Ballard or HiWall  Cheesy  SAme as the cap gunners in ML know when the flinters show up  Shocked

IP Logged

watchthewind
Oldtimer

Reply #161 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
westerner wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 9:00pm:
Yes, we will press on and continue to beat up on the modern rifle shooters. It is our duty as traditional rifle enthusiasts to do so.  

Joe.

It's amazing what can be accomplished with a Ballard and a Low Wall  Wink
Scott

ASSRA Member # 11408

IP Logged

watchthewind
Oldtimer

Reply #162 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 9:36pm:
Frank I know you have a tremendous amount of passion in what you have to share and I highly encourage you to run for an open seat on the board of directors where you can actually get something accomplished. It is not going to happen here and along with Scott Elliott we would then have two West Coast representatives and look at what Scott alone has accomplished for this sport.

JLouis

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement John Smiley With the convergence of mentorship, opportunity, hard work and support I've been able to make a few things happen. Which has lead to some growth and recognition for our sport. 
I would be delighted to see a second ASSRA board member in the western part of the USA. Single shot activity is plentiful throughout "The West" and it is growing. Let's foster growth throughout the country.
Best Regards,
Scott Elliott

ASSRA Member # 11408

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 
Send TopicPrint