Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lyman STS spring (Read 10519 times)
Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Lyman STS spring
Reply #45 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
What we CAN do is use the available evidence in the form of ads & catalogs to construct a probable explanation; it may not be "proof," but it's certainly more than guesswork.

Exactly right.
It's not proof. It's a good guess. A probable explanation. Kinda like Dark Matter.
Any speculation on the friendship of Fecker and Unertl, is not supported, even by catalogs.
That would be a "wild" guess.

Seems a bit like the situation between Pope and Hubalek, there's a pic of Pope giving Hubalek a dirty look.

Could be a bad business breakup, could be Pope had to pee.

Aaron
Why do you keep shouting?
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:41pm by Rebel »  

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #46 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Redsetter wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
BP wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 5:24pm:
Vall,
If Fecker and Unertl did separate on good terms, it wouldn't be unheard of for an employer to agree to try to help a former valued employee get on his feet, provided that the employer's business wasn't adversely impacted.
Fecker may have agreed to provide Unertl with some sets of production over-run mounts that Fecker didn't have dedicated to his current requirements.
Fecker may have agreed to let Unertl use idle Fecker shop equipment and tooling until Unertl's own arrived, was set in place, and then finally up and running.
Many shops that are on good terms work together to their mutual benefit when they are able do so.
It may also be that Fecker told Unertl that he considered the making the recoil spring assembly to be a pain in his arse, he had other things he'd much rather concentrate his available time on, and if Unertl wanted to take it over as his own new shop got moving forward, to feel free to do so.
That's happened before.
No one knows, and catalogs and advertising won't provide just what the true relationship between the men actually was.
Information from former employees of both shops might, or might not, ever tell the real story.

"MAY HAVE"??? Can you provide one scintilla of evidence for such a proposition?  ONE?  

It will take me some time to did it up, but somewhere I have a statement by Unertl himself explaining why focusing a scope by means of an adjustable middle lens is a poor way to construct a scope.  More evidence, I guess, of his friendship with Fecker.

How does a difference of opinion regarding what might be the best way of focusing the image of a scope end up providing even the slightest grain of proof upon which to presume to make an absolute and irrefutable declaration that Fecker and Unertl must have been the most bitter enemies?

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #47 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Not worth fighting over I have seen my share of Fecker mounts on Unertl's but more typically on the Unertl Tube Sights. How or why they got there on two of my prior owned Unertl Tube Sights to me can just stay another unknown. I just wish there were more available out there as they are very good mounts to build off of. 

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #48 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
BP wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:36pm:
How does a difference of opinion regarding what might be the best way of focusing the image of a scope end up providing even the slightest grain of proof upon which to presume to make an absolute and irrefutable declaration that Fecker and Unertl must have been the most bitter enemies?

Who asserted "most bitter enemies"?  Not friends equals "most bitter enemies"???  Your skill in constructing straw-man arguments suggests long practice in that intellectual dishonest craft.   

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #49 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Calm down Folks it is not as if each of you had an affair with each others wife and just cannot prove it to be so. 

JLouis

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #50 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:52pm:
Not worth fighting over I have seen my share of Fecker mounts on Unertl's but more typically on the Unertl Tube Sights. How or why they got there on two of my prior owned Unertl Tube Sights to me can just stay another unknown. I just wish there were more available out there as they are very good mounts to build off of. 
JLouis

Well, I've got a Unertl in Lyman mounts with the factory invoice & original box to prove it left the factory in that configuration.  Shall we presume another secret arrangement between Lyman & Unertl?  

(The only Unertl I still own...because unlike Marlinguy's guru with the 100 scope collection, I've never had the money to buy something new without selling something old.)

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #51 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Redsetter wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:44pm:
BP wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:36pm:

Who asserted "most bitter enemies"?  Not friends equals "most bitter enemies"???  Your skill in constructing straw-man arguments suggests long practice in that intellectual dishonest craft.  

Redsetter,
I've heard a bunch of straw-man arguments made today, and haven't seen a grain of proof provided yet.    Grin

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #52 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Just not worth loosing friends over Redsetter and no one will now know what kind of arrangements they all might have had together when starting up or after. Who knows maybe Sidle might have also been involved in one way or another but it is surely not now worth arguing over now and to only create hard feelings is it?

JLouis

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #53 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
BP wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:54pm:
Redsetter,
I've heard a bunch of straw-man arguments made today, and haven't seen a grain of proof provided yet.    

But you've been presented with a heap of compelling evidence in the form both of what was, & was not, advertised that's the next best thing to proof; whereas rampant speculation is the only thing you've offered. 

IP Logged

Mick B
Oldtimer

Reply #54 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Sorry I started this.
Mike

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #55 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:02pm:
Just not worth loosing friends over Redsetter and no one will now know what kind of arrangements they all might have had together when starting up or after. Who knows maybe Sidle might have also been involved in one way or another but it is surely not now worth arguing over now and to only create hard feelings is it?
JLouis

So why do you address that argument to ME, and NOT those who trashed the information I provided?

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #56 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Mick B wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:19pm:
Sorry I started this.
Mike

You shouldn't be.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #57 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Redsetter it was not directed solely at you and I apologize for not making that more clear. You have a real wealth of information on the subject and I was not in anyway trying to question it just humbly trying to say it is not worth loosing friends here on this site over. 

JLouis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #58 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Mike if you did not mention it no one would have an opportunity to learn from it and thus you have no need to think of it as turning out to be a bad thing but possibly a very good thing when all is said and done. The last thing we need here is the fear to speak openly we get more than enough of it now in this country in our everyday lives and such fear simply has no place here.

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #59 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
(The only Unertl I still own...because unlike Marlinguy's guru with the 100 scope collection, I've never had the money to buy something new without selling something old.)

I thought you have a large collection of valuable old catalogs.
If you're selling any extras, let me know please.

Aaron
Marlinguy's guru? 100 scopes? must be an ignorant rat!!
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:39pm by Rebel »  

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint