Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Modesto Rifle Club ISSA Regional May 2018 (Read 3527 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Modesto Rifle Club ISSA Regional May 2018
May 6th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  

We had a real nice turn out and the score's will follow in a couple of days. I justed wanted to take the time to share what a true pleasure it was for me to both meet and to shoot with Gary and Sue Miller for the first time. If there are some of you who have not had that pleasure to meet and shoot with this couple it is my hopes that someday you will. One would be hard pressed to find two individuals who better represent this wonderful sport of Schuetzen and everything it stands for. I was truly honored and extremely blessed to be in their company for all three days of some very competitive and enjoyable days of competitve shooting.

JLouis
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2018 at 9:01pm by JLouis »  

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Modesto Rifle Club ISSA Regional May 2018
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2018 at 9:04am
Print Post  
I agree John both very nice and hard workers for our sport. As always many thanks for what they do for the ISSA.

IP Logged

bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2018 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
I have been shooting with Sue and Gary ever since I began schuetzen competion. Very classy people. When I bought a rifle from Chuck Bordman’s estate that Gary was selling for Chuck’s wife at Tacoma a while back, I didn’t have the cash or my checkbook with me and was planning to drive up the next day to pick it up and pay for it, but Sue said she would write a check ($500) and that I could pay her back at the match in Spokane which was 8 months away.  I sent a cashiers check the next day of course.  Their hosting of the ISSA NW regional in Spokane is always top notch. Glad you got a chance to meet them John. 

Jack

ASSRA # 11318
just a bit of a hoot.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2018 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Thanks for sharing Jack they seemed to really enjoy themselves as much as we all truly enjoyed them. Rumor has it they are already making plans to come back again next year for the Regional. If you can sneak away we would all really enjoy having you shoot with as well. And if you have the means most just stay at the Club for all three days some sleep in the club house, motor home, trailer or the back of their pickup in a fart sack. We have a real nice facility with fully tiled his and her showers etc. and there are some pretty tall tales being shared at night. 

JLouis

IP Logged

bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2018 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Sounds good.

I have a pad in the back of my SUV that I sleep in for 10 nights at Spokane.  Quite comfortable.  I will have to see if I can make it.

Jack

ASSRA # 11318
just a bit of a hoot.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Gary are Sue are certainly first class.  They made many sacrifices to further shooting sports here in the NW and at the national level.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Bob Z please come up and shoot with us next year we would Love to have you join us and I promise it will be well worth the trip if you could possibly make it down this way. 

JLouis

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
JL, Hope it is in the cards for next year.  I haven't shot in CA since the final ASSR LR Championship in th elate 90s.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - May 7th, 2018 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Maybe you can hook up with Jack and head this way Bob Z we would all surerly like to have you both coming out this way to shoot with us and you could form a caravan with Gary and Sue Miller to show you the way. 

JLouis

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #9 - May 8th, 2018 at 7:04am
Print Post  
certain posts removed due to members request to stop the bickering thread unrelated to the camaraderie of the Modesto RC.   

My personal opinion is if you have a difference of opinion with another member,  be presidential about it and take it to Twitter    #theforumisweary

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - May 8th, 2018 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Looking forward to seeing all of you good folks there if you can somehow make it down. 

JLouis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #11 - May 8th, 2018 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Wish we had the ability to put on the equivalent of the Stars and Stripes match Bob Z at some point in time. There was a time when our Regional matches we're just as big in regards to overall attendance. Two full relays for each event of fifteen each was once not uncommon. We used to start practice on Wed. and throw in a 100 shot 200yd. benchrest match just for the fun of it all with those travelers who arrived early. I would take the whole week off and looked highly forward to it each year and I sure do miss those times. 

JLouis

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #12 - May 8th, 2018 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
I think the main reason that the Modesto matches have declined, is that good portion of that group, doesn't attend matches in the PNW or Raton. I can't help with their attendance, even though I'm a ISSA member, because, I'm officially band from their matches. I even tried to make it a yearly journey before that.

In the 90's, the Modesto group, traveled into both the PNW and SoCal. They even put on those weird 100 shot OH matches, too.

In the more resent Golden Age (Coors) a lot of guy's traveled to shoots. While it's not cheap to travel, it is a lot of fun and you get to a LOT of nice guys, like me Smiley

Frank
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2018 at 2:02pm by frnkeore »  

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #13 - May 9th, 2018 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
This coming from someone who refuses to shoot or let his wife shoot anymore of his home club matches. That's why we no longer see the montly scores being posted for the Jefferson State Schuetzen Society. Their average was about four compeitors a month and it dropped it down to about two or possibly three. I think one should support his own group first as we at the Modesto Rifle Club continue to do to keep it alive and well and then travel if one can to support some of the other groups. Unfortunately our slight decline has been mainly due to deaths, old age and health issues. 

JLouis

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #14 - May 9th, 2018 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
John Louis,
I'm a person of integrity. I can not and do not lie or cheat, unlike you and the record that you cheated to set and are lying about what my wife, can or can not do!!!

I founded JSSS, in 1986 as a ASSRA club, to abide by ASSRA rules. I tried to return it to it's foundation and could not and as I've stated, many times, I only shoot at and support clubs that abide by sanctioning body rules.

I'm a person that abides by rules and can not break them. If I ever did that, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. It truly bothered me to try to score and be scored by ISSA rules at a ASSRA match. I have a continence! There is a big difference in the compared scores and the ISSA scoring gives at least a 3 point advantage on the average target. In the resent ASSRA 22rf match, there would have been about 3 or 4 250's if scored ISSA. I don't think it's right to artificially increase a score that way.

I also shoot ISSA and have no problem with there scoring, ONLY because that is their rules! I've also logged my feeling to ISSA about the way they score BR 22rf.

I also, offered to support JSSS if they wanted to put on ISSA matches but, they did not want that.

If you or anyone else, don't think it's a big deal, then just try to have a ISSA match and score it by ASSRA rules! If Randy is reading this, I ask him, what ISSA would do if one of their matches where scored with ASSRA rules. Including allowing ASSRA equipment differences.

Frank

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2018 at 12:02pm by frnkeore »  

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint