Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Single Shot Rifle Journal (Read 2484 times)
Statesrights
Senior Forum Member

Single Shot Rifle Journal
May 1st, 2018 at 8:55pm
Print Post  

On page 15 of the March/April issue there is a half page advertisement for the ASSRA Tee shirts, orders for which need to be in by January 31.  Two or three months too late to make that deadline, right?

On page 19 of the May/June issue we have the same ad.  What the hell?  Can we at least have a nice picture of a rifle there?  And right below each outdated ad we have a half page solicitation for advertising.  I don’t think there is a great impression made here. Perhaps it would have been better if spell check had been run in the Tee shirt ad and “recieved” could have been corrected. 

Nice photo on the cover, by the way, although from my view, the Ballard is held by the guy on the right. 

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Re: Single Shot Rifle Journal
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  
How about you send me some of those nice photos of rifles? 

40 Rod

IP Logged

Brian

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2018 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
You are most certainly correct (  I don’t think there is a great impression made here. )
The magazine is awesome !! and I do not think the fine folks putting it together are getting rich for doing it.
Hopefully this sort of crap complaining stops !!!!!!

And NO I did not use spell check but you get the point.

40 Rod Please Keep up the GOOD work
         Brian

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2018 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Pretty simple if the editor does not have material to print then the empty pages are filled with whatever he has in hand. Maybe not knowing to most if you submit an article with pictures and more than one just one simple meaningless paragraph you get paid to do so. So quit the bitching and send in something of value to the single shot community and the real reason for your compliant really just falls onto you from your own lack of not submitting something to share.

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

JerryH
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Member #10876

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2018 at 1:04am
Print Post  
40_Rod,

I received my copy of the Journal today. Keep up the good work. I enjoy each and every one of the Journals I receive.

Statesrights,

Maybe you should try a different size of underware. I'm thinking yours may not be fitting just right. You know, nickers getting wadded up a bit? Just a thought.
JerryH

I'm not a complete idiot, some of my parts are missing.

IP Logged

Statesrights
Senior Forum Member

Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2018 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
I will try to find a couple photos that might be suitable, although my camera and talents might not be worthy of publication. Better sources for good “filler” might be those auction companies that support ASSRA with advertising; fine photography and interesting firearms. Items from previous auctions.  Nothing in lieu of future advertising, of course. Perhaps a more interesting “filler” would be photos from matches. No dialogue would be necessary other than identifying the match and date. As simply “filler,” publishing these member photos would not need to be coordinated with match scores.

IP Logged

45govt

Reply #6 - May 4th, 2018 at 5:14pm
Print Post  

"How about you send me some of those nice photos of rifles? "

I believe I sent a disc of some of my photos, like the one below, a year or two ago with permission to use with credit, which could be used for filler.

Is it not ok to comment on the Journal either positive or negative?

Thanks, Don

ASSRA Member # 4098

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

oodmoff
Senior Forum Member

Reply #7 - May 7th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
I barely have time to keep the grass cut but don't mind a glass of tea and a bit of journal reading afterwards!  

Kudos to those who put hard work and sweat into the Journal!  And there is nothing wrong with blanks for advertising if that is what is needed to aid in funding it.

Hats off !!   Keep up the good work! Smiley

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes
and if your going to criticize him, make sure your shoes are in reach, you may need them and a healthy head start!
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2018 at 6:14pm by oodmoff »  

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #8 - May 8th, 2018 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
I've already started another thread about this issue.  40Rod, if you had tried to do an issue to please me you couldn't have done a better job.  My biggest complaint is that it didn't last me any longer!  The work begun by Gerald, and expanded by Rudi, John and Wayne is in good hands.  If you look at how other organizations put together their newsletters, you will probably agree that ours is a class act.  I wish all of the groups holding their hands out for my money did half as well.  JMHO, YMMV!  Cool

Froggie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint