Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Barrel blanks (Read 37797 times)
frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Barrel blanks
Reply #45 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
FYI JL, I do know Rick, I shot with him twice in Modesto and we have corisponded since then.

I do know, that Rick WOULD NOT shoot a 15 or 16 twist rifle after shooting his RKS 11.5 or 12 twist barrel with the 1.29 long PJ spitzer bullet.

His scores far exceed yours, not to mention that my scores also exceed yours. Plus, I just won the 100 yd, 4, five shot CBA match in Roseberg against all comers, including 3 CBA record holders.

I didn't demean you, I just told you to stop preaching to me about what to do with MY equipment, especially since my best scores are better than yours , with the excepting of the 100 yd 5-5 group that you shot multiple times, 3 times in 3 months (not allowed by the rules for records) and I only shot it once, ever!

Tell us your best 5-5 at 200 yds, could it even come close to my 1993 scores?

Leave me alone JL, I won't have your self rightous, Redickulous self, preaching to me!!!!

Have a nice day,

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #46 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Ken Barry Darr still holds some records with his 32-40 16 twist going back to 1976 and 1974 that have yet to be bettered. I remember when the 15 twist was considered to be on the fast side and there is still nothing wrong with a 16 twist. There are still a couple of Barry's barrels being shot here with good success and it makes one wonder what CW Roland might now think. It only took around thirty years to surpass his small 10 shot group with what was the norm for the day.

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #47 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Yea Yea Yea Frank we have heard the same old lying BS from you at least 50 times here already. You need get something more meaning full out of your life like improving on your 2016 242.6 200yd. club score average. Before you try to continue to drag any more down to the same low level as yourself so you can then become competitive.   

JLouis

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #48 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
I ask, gentlemen, who is the more abusive?

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #49 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
CF generaly the one who starts it and then has the need to lie to try and make himself look better in front of others. In CBA competition they give out whats called screamer awards for small groups for both a 100 and 200yds. and quite an honor to come by. Frank has mentioned my lack of having shot any good groups and yet another lie as you can clearly see below and I would also like to see those of his that he holds in such high regard for himself as mentioned. Sad to say but he just cannot be trusted by what he has to say and or share not only about others but also himself for reasons unknown to probably most if not all here and not just myself. There is also no way to cheat groups are shot with moving backers but it would not surprise me in the least if he brought it up as being some how possible in his own twisted way of thinking he is the one  better than all the rest with his knowledge and ability. The criteria for a screamer award is set it is not based on the smallest group or groups shot in a single match and cannot be earned that way but based on how close it is to an existing national record. I was only able to compete here for nine years before the matches went away and the group matches were only held for the regional event and typicaly held just once a year.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

JLouis
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2017 at 5:22pm by JLouis »  

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #50 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Frank has mentioned my lack of having shot any good groups and yet another lie as you can clearly see below and I would also like to see those of his that he holds in such high regard for himself as mentioned.

There you go again JL. I never said that you haven't shot good groups. I asked what your best ASSRA, 5, five shot group average was at 200 yards. If you can find where I said anything else, please copy and past it! I do wonder how you got out of HS, since you can't read comprehensively.

I did infer that you cheated in setting the record for the 100 yard, 5, five shot group average. And that you did!!! I was there!

I don't lie, I don't BS and I don't cheat! 

These are my two best 5 and 10 shot groups, shot at 200 yards in matches, not practice.

Frank

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #51 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Ken I could not agree more and such wise words should be spoken more often! 

JLouis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #52 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Ken I am a firm believer in that a bullet needs to go to sleep as soon as possible in order to get the most accuracy out of it no matter what the form might be. And I also strongly feel based on personal experiance the less the rifle is disturbed in the bags the more consistant that accuracy will be. When one adds more twist, bullet weight and powder it produces just the opposite and more so in just added torque alone. Also when one adds more twist it might possibly take more time for the bullet to go to sleep. I think probably the best example I could possibly give is Jerry Hartwigs on going exceptional success with his 25WCF that minimizes all of those affects with the exception of the bullet going to sleep and really an unknown. Also one of the more problematic issues with rifle disturbance is the relocation of the sand in the rear sand bag making it more difficult to more closely replicate its same position the shot before and it alone can become very trouble some or if the bag should move on the bench making it even worse. The same would also hold true for the front sand bag rest if not using a sled based on my own personal experience. 

JLouis

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #53 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
  I'm wondering if a faster twist, heavier bullet, and increased velocity with spitzer bullets doesn't also exacerbate the effect of "nose slump".

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #54 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Jeff same thoughts myself and Barry Darr finally came up with so I would tend to agree and the old timers might have been allot wiser than we give them credit for.

JLouis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #55 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Catch box testing and its all ready been done exstensively by Barry Darr.

JLouis

IP Logged

ledball
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #56 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:24am
Print Post  
At the summer matches, Etna Green, my bullets were slumping really nice, I left the range Sunday with a warm, fuzzy feeling.  Ledball

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #57 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I've never used a catch box, but wondering out loud how it catches a bullet and has no affect on the bullet? What media is in a catch box that doesn't distort the bullet's shape at all? 
I've fired bullets into snow and gotten what appeared to be near perfect slugs. But I always wondered if even then the snow didn't have some affect on the nose when the bullet impacted the snow?

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #58 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Vall talk to Barry.

JLouis

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #59 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
Frank I will just leave it up to the good folks here to determine who is lying and who is not. I will also leave it up to the ASSRA to determine if I cheated so please feel free to file your protest yet a second time any time your little heart desires. They can check with Barry Darr, the match director and others that were there and I would be more than happy to live with their decision yet once again so please do so! 

JLouis

John Louis,
At your request, so everyone CAN decide for themselves, this is the history of the 2013 5 - 5 shot group matches, at Modesto.

To qualify for the Bartlet Match: (5) 5 shot groups for average. You can ONLY shoot it for the record, ONE time a year. And you insisted that it stay that way AFTER you where listed as the record holder. I didn't know it was a once a year record, until you insisted that it was, or I would have said something at that time. I did point it out when you insisted that it could only be shot once a year.

Match records show that you shot it and posted the results at least 5 times in 2013, Between 4-13 and 10-13, the year that you shot that .3882 average, that you turned in for the record! I could not find match results for 3-13, 5-13 or 9-13. There are no match results for Modesto for 5-13. You may have shot it in 9-13 and not turned in your target.

I didn't file a protest then and I don't intend to do that now BUT, the rules are clear, it can ONLY be shot once a year, to qualify for the Bartlet record. You shot it like a re-entry match. Your 4-13 match (maybe even a 3-13 match, if you shot it, that month), was the only time that you  qualified to set the record in 2013.

That is the facts and the history of 2013's Modesto 5 - 5 shot group record! You can't change it.

Your average for the 5 matches was .5276.

Frank

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2018 at 12:35pm by frnkeore »  

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Send TopicPrint