Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Modesto Rifle Club ISSA Regional May 5,6&7 2017 (Read 1017 times)
JerryH
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Member #10876

Re: Modesto Rifle Club ISSA Regional May 5,6&7 2017
Reply #15 - May 11th, 2017 at 3:33am
Print Post  
This is the 6th year the Central Sierra Schuetzen Club has donated a beer stein for the winner of the QB match at the Modesto ISSA Regional. Rich$ and I hunt for a nice one on ebay and then Rich$'s middle daughter does the fancy writing on it. 

JerryH

I'm not a complete idiot, some of my parts are missing.

IP Logged

jy3855
Senior Forum Member

Reply #16 - May 11th, 2017 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Thanks to Jerry, John, and Terry for contacting me to invite me to the match. I wish that I could have been there all 3 days.  Lots to learn - and a lot of equipment to get if I decide to head down this road.

A great bunch of folks who made me feel like an old friend. Thanks to all.

IP Logged

jfeldman
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #17 - May 11th, 2017 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Looks like some very competitive shooting by all!  John, congrats on your iron sight win.  Were you using one of your tube sights?   

Regards, Joe

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - May 11th, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
If you look very carefully at the Centerfire King Target one can cleary see how Tony using his precision offhand shooting abilities surgicaly removed that very lovely looking Schuetzen Girl's right Boob! 

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - May 11th, 2017 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Tony, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Cry

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - May 11th, 2017 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your kind words Joe and yes I was using one of my home brewed 30 inch Tube Sights on top of my home brewed traditional by design 28-35SS using my home brewed 154gr. Spitzer's. Load was 12.1grs. of 300MP, Fed. 210 Primers, JJ250 Lube and barrel is a 28 inch 12 Twist Douglas XX and the action a FBW's Model J.

We were all hoping that you could have made it up for the match. It was a real good time had by all and we are all hoping that you will be able to join us next year.

JLouis

IP Logged

JerryH
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Member #10876

Reply #21 - May 11th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Prize table.

I'm not a complete idiot, some of my parts are missing.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #22 - May 11th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Thank you Jerry the support we get for our sport is very highly appreciated as are your efforts to round them all up every year. There were several gift certificates this year from CPA, Redding, SPG and others that are hard to see. RotoMetals was also very gracious providing a total of fifty pounds of various alloys, several hats and real nice T- Shirts. Hodgdon was yet another very generous contributor as were several others I am trying not to forget. I hope this picture encourages others to attend this match next year. There are no winners or loosers in my book and the real winners are those who simply show up for the enjoyment of it all. In addition too picking out what they would like to have off of the prize table as their names are picked out of the hat by the previous name called adds to it all. There were so many donations this year we were all picked four or five times to come up and pick a prize until they were all gone. Treats on Saturday morning, lunch in the afternoon and the Steak Fillet BBQ and Raviolis on Sat. night along with Salad, Cake etc. is to die for. As are the breackfast treats and lunch again on Sunday so one can come and not even fire a shot and yet still have an extremely enjoyable time just by showing up. 

It is our hopes that more will do just that next year and we would Love to have them all come and join us for a real nice, fun and extremely friendly time.
JLouis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #23 - May 11th, 2017 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
JY38-55 send me a PM with your list of needs for you to be able to join us and I will share it with our group to see if we can all be of some help to get you started. 

JLouis

IP Logged

PORK AND BEANS

Reply #24 - May 11th, 2017 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Guess Who? The hat actually fit before somebody shot a 221 off hand.
Rich$

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #25 - May 11th, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Dang it Pork & Beans I thought the Flat Nose 28 bullet mould I made him for Offhand was the Majic but its very easy to see now that it was all in the Hat and had absoulutly nothing to do with me. I should have known better it goes very well with the Chinese Food take out we had on Friday night and now I know why he went out of his way to hide his Fortune Cookie! 

Is that Hat for sale?
JLouis
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2017 at 8:06pm by JLouis »  

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #26 - May 13th, 2017 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Ken Jerry has worked very hard and still continues to do so to become the extremely competitve shooter that he has become. But more importantly he strives to teach and to help others to become just as or more competitve than himself and he shares it freely. We have always strived to bring others to yet a higher level so that we all can compete with and against the best as a group. Now anyone can be at the top of list on a given day if they work just as hard for it given all the freely shared knowledge from and to all.

JLouis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint