Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Hi all from new member (Read 6435 times)
Bill Lawrence
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Hi all from new member
Reply #15 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Though we can't see either the Swiss buttplate or whether the stock has the classic slight perchbelly, I agree with coljimmy that your rifle is almost surely a Model 3992, which H & A called their "Schuetzen Rifle".  If so, as I implied earlier, since such models are uncommon in any condition, your apparently high-conditioned example is a choice collector's gem, and I hope it proves fun to shoot and accurate.

Bill Lawrence

IP Logged

mctaylor250
Participating Member

Reply #16 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Guys,

Thanks for all of the great information. You guys are on it. Attached is picture of stock showing exatcly what you guys predicted with scheutzen buttplate and perch belly. Smiley

Mike

IP Logged

GeorgeC
Oldtimer

ASSRA 11411

Reply #17 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum, Mike.  Your rifle is a beauty that anyone would be proud to own.  If it shoots as well as it looks, you have a winner.
Nice to see a fellow Hoosier in the fold.  I'm a little over 2 hours South of you in Madison.   
Friendship is a great range for all forms of black powder shooting and they have some .22 shoots. NMLRA has BPCR shoots and I believe they are setting up to offer .22BPCR sanctioned shoots.  SSShooter correct me if I'm wrong. 
GeorgeC

Never mind the mule. Just load the wagon.
IP Logged

Bill Lawrence
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
By the way, Mike, I'm from Bloomington, a little more than an hour south of you, if I remember right.  So at least three Hoosiers are welcoming you.

Bill Lawrence

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:53am
Print Post  
GeorgeC wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 8:30pm:
  Friendship is a great range for all forms of black powder shooting and they have some .22 shoots. NMLRA has BPCR shoots and I believe they are setting up to offer .22BPCR sanctioned shoots.  SSShooter correct me if I'm wrong. 
GeorgeC

You are correct. Lots of upgrades going on at Friendship over the past months, and they are continuing. The biggest from my point-of-view is they paved the firing line on the silhouette/long-range range. It was crushed stone before and shooting it in wet (even though the line is covered, there is wind) or very hot conditions (think sweat) would result in either mud or grit. The .22RF animal rails have been installed, but not sure of the status of the berms, which were supposed to be finished this past week. Also, the ram rails are being moved back from their 500yd position to the more appropriate 500m (547yd) distance. IIRC, there are other facility up-grades in the works (bathroom/showers, etc.). Friendship is a great facility. Wish I lived closer.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

.22Hepburn
Oldtimer

Reply #20 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Looking for Stevens scope mounts, I suggest that you call Gary Quinlan  - 215-766-3403. He is a good source for scopes/parts.

IP Logged

SBoomer
Oldtimer

Reply #21 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:19am
Print Post  
What a beauty! Welcome aboard.

IP Logged

mikeyfirelock
Participating Member

Reply #22 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Hey, another Hoosier !!   (I am up in the NW corner of the state.) 
  That rifle looks GREAT  I think (and so does everyone else.)   
You should come up to Etna Green for a match.  It's a great group always willing to help a guy out, and a good bunch to shoot with.   

Too many rifles.....not enough money

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Mike - A late Welcome but gonna say ... When you take it to the range, the black plastic shooters are going to crowd you and google eye your fine looking rifle! Great looking combination!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint