Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rev-o-noc 22 rifle (Read 4287 times)
Chunk270

Rev-o-noc 22 rifle
Apr 3rd, 2017 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Hi everyone this is my first post, I have a rifle that's been in my family for a long time it's a rev-o-noc 22 rifle. I tried doing some research but could never find any rifle that matched the one I have until this past weekend I'm in my local gunstore and I see the same exact gun!! stock to muzzle identical but this one is made by Stevens and is called a model 14 "little scout". So I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Stevens making this gun and rebranding it or something. Any info would be greatly appreciated thank you - Tyler

IP Logged

Bent_Ramrod
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Rev-o-noc 22 rifle
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Various companies, including Stevens, would make runs of rifle models stamped with the name of a department store or hardware dealer.  The store would then sell the rifle as their "house brand." 

Rev-O-Noc was the house brand name for the rifles sold by the Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett Hardware Company.  I understand that sometimes a "HSB" can be found stamped somewhere on some of the guns.

Welcome to the Forum, by the way.  Smiley

IP Logged

ssdave
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 9:47am
Print Post  
I'd be real surprised to find a Rev-o-noc that is a Stevens.  Rev-o-noc was a house brand name (kind of an inside joke) for Hopkins and Allen.  The sales reps name was Conover, he reversed the name and made it vaguely "indian sounding".  

The Rev-o-noc I have seen were either a H&A 722,822, or 922; I can't remember which.  A H&A 722 very closely resembles a Stevens 14 1/2 Little Scout; the hammer and breech block are near identical with the thumb stud on the right side of the block as a knurled pin.  I think if you google "H&A 722" and look at images, you'll see your rifle there.

Is your rifle just marked on the barrel and not the action?  If so, someone could have put a Rev-o-noc barrel onto a Stevens if it really is on a Stevens action and not a H&A.

Here's a H&A picture:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Here's  a Stevens picture:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2017 at 9:53am by ssdave »  

IP Logged

coljimmy
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 10:52am
Print Post  
H&A also made shotguns with the rev-o-noc name, I think all or mostly single barrel.  Hibbard, Spencer and Bartlet eventually became Tru-value.  Several years ago, I obtained a single action Colt which lettered to them with an ornate pen knife with their brand name.

James

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
I am continually amazed at the knowledge the members present at this sight.
Aaron

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint