Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Re: Whats wrong with this picture? (Read 11041 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Whats wrong with this picture?
Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:56am
Print Post  
westerner wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 9:03pm:
Yes Jack. 

The action in my picture is a #3 Gallery. Two line address. Rim fire breech block, cast action, two piece extractor. BB receiver and butt stock all have the same serial number. No firing pin retainer screw. A very similar rifle is in Dutchers book page 122. 
Joe.

Two line address cast action? That's very unusual! Had never seen a cast action with two line address until recently, and now you have another one!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

GT
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Nice FrankenBallard Joe, but I have to ask - why the three losses on Freecell? Gray moment? there's a redo feature if you're losing one move before last - use it... and it doesn't go against your stats, I'm told they're all solvable... Wink   
(personal best was only 2K+ and I tired of it- Vegas Sol now, score of 33K)

Let us know how she shoots, I'm betting it will shoot ragged holes all by itself.   Smiley
Greg

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right" M.T.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #17 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Joe, the Winchester barrel is very period correct! I have seen so many Ballard rifles with Winchester barrels I began to think they were an option long ago! Wink
I own three Ballards with Winchester barrels. One is my #6 Schuetzen Zettler Bros. in .22 Short. The #3 Winchester barrel has the threaded shank turned off center so thee CF firing pin strikes the rim without modifying the block. It's got a stud on the side for a breech seater, so guessing someone once had two barrels fitted to use it for both .22 and CF matches. I've got a perfect half octagon .32-40 Ballard barrel sitting here, and need to see how it fits one of these days, so maybe it can become a two barrel set again.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 11:53am
Print Post  
I have a Peterson offset .22.  It has been modified  Cry  I got it as a shooter.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Ciao998
Senior Forum Member

Reply #19 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Lookin good dad. Are you going to use that old globe that was on the barrel?

What are your plans for the extractor?

John

IP Logged

Ciao998
Senior Forum Member

Reply #20 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Ohio is good, lots of twisty roads! A little cold, wet and windy lately, but not bad.

John

IP Logged

57thahc

Reply #21 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 9:36am
Print Post  
You old western devil! Right out in the open. Too simple,looking
for something SNEAKY Cheesy Wonderful tale of assembly with 
parts kept for good reason. NOW if I can FIND my spares,I will
follow your example Roll Eyes Digging for #1 RB and H&A parts for shooting season.Again a great lesson Wink 57thahc

Turned in my M60 for a Martini!

IP Logged

Ciao998
Senior Forum Member

Reply #22 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
westerner wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 10:19pm:
I took the Bonanza for a test ride today. Rainy, HP was up a little. Blasted right down the street in front of the sheriffs house, through Mikes yard down Randy's driveway and did a couple loops through my place. Luckily they were all at work. Scared Cathy's cluckers a little. Got the gearing just perfect. Scary fast. Wondering if my GPS will record my top speed? 

Well anyway, Have you found rifle matches in Ohio for this spring? Place to cast bullets ?

Dad.

No I havnt looked for any matches yet. I don't really have a place to cast bullets, but I made up a stash before I left home, have 3-400 bullets and lots of powder/primers. Was at cabelas today and picked up some Alliant 2400. First time I've found any on a shelf in years. Found some br4 primers too for gabis project. Talk about spendy, I still bought em all  Tongue

Sounds like you're having a bonanza dad, pun intended Smiley

John

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint